Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust that doesn't sound like a ricer for 2013 Tacoma

Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
Might be better to wait till I get stationed back in the states and hope for a meet with some TW guys to come along and hopefully some will have some kind of exhaust to hear in person.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
the 1gr has that authentic toyota truck sound. sounds the the same, all the way from the 22r, to the 22re, to 3vz, to the 5vz, and finally the 1gr. the truck sounds really good once you put an exhaust on it. if you go headers, i wouldnt go y-pipe and vice versa. if you do then it starts to get raspy, and you dont want that.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
the 1gr has that authentic toyota truck sound. sounds the the same, all the way from the 22r, to the 22re, to 3vz, to the 5vz, and finally the 1gr. the truck sounds really good once you put an exhaust on it. if you go headers, i wouldnt go y-pipe and vice versa. if you do then it starts to get raspy, and you dont want that.
True, but the 2525xl is supposed to help with its resonator.

U also wanna make sure u don't open the exhaust up too much while n/a or u may end up not liking the truck.............its based on how much u open it up and what is used.

Been there, and your low end grunt will be gone..........maybe moved to 3500rpm or something, but it def will not be nice and low where it was and should be for a truck.

Thorley long tubes, urd y pipe, urd 3" exhaust is too much imho, but maybe 2 of those and not all 3 wont be too bad n/a.

Ymmv
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, maybe break it down barney style. If i get headers then stay away from y-pipe (whats the alternative to y-pipe?) and if i get y pipe stay away from headers?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfn5402 View Post
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, maybe break it down barney style. If i get headers then stay away from y-pipe (whats the alternative to y-pipe?) and if i get y pipe stay away from headers?
He's saying (I assume)..............getting long tube headers and something like the urd y pipe deletes all cats and leads to a lot of rasp. That's usually cured by 2, yes 2 mufflers.

Or he's referring to the tq curve not being optimum, im not sure.

As for y pipes, I think the doug thorley and apr y's are designed to manipulate exhaust pulses and lessen the rasp.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #26
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfn5402 View Post
Do you have it dumped or straight back? And what diameter is it? 2.5" or 3"?

Edit: meant to quote your second post, stupid iPhone.
Straight back and it's a 2.5" piping.

Here it is on my build magnaflow 15811 cat-back
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
As for y pipes, I think the doug thorley and apr y's are designed to manipulate exhaust pulses and lessen the rasp.
I heard a sound clip of this combo. For once a 6 cylinder sounds good. In comparison it's between the sound of 370z and a Ferrari 430 which in my book is great. The APR Y-pipe is worth getting IMO