OK guys heres my dilemma,
As some of you know im going to race, which first off I have to have a stock 4.0L to do so. I will not race for probably 2 years when I stop traveling for work and I have the time.
Now in the mean time I'm looking for power. 400+ roughly.
A URD mark III will get me over 400 HP, I will have to upgrade some pistons and crank and will probably get headers, intake new controller, harness , clutch. Will cost me im guessing all said and done 7500 ish before pistons and crank. if i work a deal on some one maybe less. Now with that, i would probably beat on that then pull it off before I decide to race.
I can save parts and after im ready to move up in race class put an LS3 roughly 11k for a turnkey for 430HP. of course all of the above items will be needed as well so im looking ~ 15k all said and done for that. Will require new mounting we will push the engine back for better center of gravity.
Can i salvage most of the money out of the supercharger if i decide to sell the supercharger?
Im thinking i can get a few bucks out of the stock engine and tranny if i decide to do a full swap.
What do you guys think is the best option?
Im leaning towards waiting for the LS3 opportunity. and deal with having the stock motor for a few years.
but if i can take just a small hit on a supercharger then I may just do that in the time being...
I already posted on XRU, we will see what info they give out.