1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with water injection

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacomataco2, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jun 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 [OP] A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    Hey guys, a little while ago i sourced together the parts from This write up, and i just can't decide whether or not its worth it to install it on my truck, which has no supercharger.. Would there be any gains with it? What gph nozzle should i use? I have a spare intake manifold, could i drill and tap a hole in the top so the water is even distributed into the cylinders? Can i use washer fluid and tap into the stock reservoir or would i need to use just water in a separate tank? Any help would be much appreciated, I'm looking to try and keep the inside of my engine nice and clean, and maybe gain a little milage or power.. So if its not worth it or there are side effects like corrosion inside the engine or something (i have no idea why i say that, water in the intake? i really don't know) i don't want to do it. Any input would be awesome! thanks http://www.yotatech.com/f2/texas_aces-cheap-diy-meth-water-injection-kit-writeup-get-10hp-under-150-a-222254/

2. Jun 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    MadToy

MadToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Midnight Blue TRD
    OME 886, Dakar leafs, LR UCA's, 16x8.5 Level 8 ZX, 315 MTR Kevlar, All-Pro sliders, BudBuilt skids, Undercoverhwms winch mount, Warn M8000 with synthetic rope, ATO Hi-Lift bed mounts, Diff locker override, Hitch harness relocated to bumper, Undercover bed cover, Gromm Aux adapter, Grillcraft grill, DT pipe bombs, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Brute Force HC bumper, TRD Supercharger
    Water/meth on a low hp 6 cylinder motor will make no difference in power. There's more risk than gain. You would need to tune for it to get any minuscule power out of it, which then becomes the double edge sword if you're tuned for higher octane, and the solenoid to the meth craps out and stops working.

I've seen several motors (not Tacomas) get grenaded doing this. N/A motors don't generate any where near the intake temps that F/I motors generate.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  3. Jun 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 [OP] A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Yeah i agree. I think i'll turn the set up into a badass carbon cleaner and use it a couple times a year :cool:

4. Jun 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    MadToy

MadToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Midnight Blue TRD
    OME 886, Dakar leafs, LR UCA's, 16x8.5 Level 8 ZX, 315 MTR Kevlar, All-Pro sliders, BudBuilt skids, Undercoverhwms winch mount, Warn M8000 with synthetic rope, ATO Hi-Lift bed mounts, Diff locker override, Hitch harness relocated to bumper, Undercover bed cover, Gromm Aux adapter, Grillcraft grill, DT pipe bombs, Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Brute Force HC bumper, TRD Supercharger
    There's nothing wrong with carbon build up on your pistons. Heck, if anything, it increases compression and gives you more power :)

5. Jun 27, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 [OP] A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Oh really!? Wow! If I get enough carbon on my pistons can I make my engine a deisel? I should just take out my spark plugs and get a tank of diesel, I'm gonna turn my truck into a diesel. Done

6. Jun 27, 2013 at 6:02 AM
    MadToy

MadToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Midnight Blue TRD
    Might work. You'll need to remove your throttle body too. No need for that on a diesel.... :D

Products Discussed in

To Top