LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Airaid CAI Installed

Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
BLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud of

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Airaid CAI Installed

I could find very little discussion on the Airaid CAI so I figured I would bite the bullet. By far the most intricate cold air intake install I have ever done. I had to relocate the AC line bracket, cut and splice in a wiring extension for the air pump per the instructions and a few other things. On a positive note fitment is perfect and no cel. Road review and possible vid tomorrow. This thing is huge and engine cover will not fit. But so far I like my little noise maker.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure that one is for trucks with a snorkel.

You may want to check on that before you start running around.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Been running the same with my Supercharger for a while now. Love it. No problems or anything.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
BLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud ofBLOODYMARY has much to be proud of

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah its great still quiet unless I romp it!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
The MAF sensor is on the bottom of the main tube, about halfway (basically underneath the Airaid logo).
This is the only thing I wonder about with this kit... I think those of us that have it may be replacing the MAF prematurely because of this. Every auto maker hangs the MAF down so moisture can't gather on it when driving in inclement weather... but we'll just need to wait and see.
Also, during installation I found it impossible to use the supplied wiring extensions for the air pump- the spades on their wires wouldn't fit in my connector properly, despite my modifying on the bench grinder for an hour. I ultimately cut the factory harness halfway and spliced homemade extensions in using wire the same color & gauge sealed with heat shrink solder style connectors. I wrapped everything, including the now rerouted ac lines, with plastic conduit to keep anything from chafing over the life of the vehicle
Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you happen to have a scan tool or scan gauge?

If so can you check the fuel trim deviation at a steady 60 MPH on flat ground and then again at idle?

Thanks!

G