Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed

Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Street Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Street Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed

Hey guys, here is my review of the Goodridge G-Stop Brakeline Kit. This is the first step for me in an effort to upgrade the braking power of my truck. The kit comes with 2 front and 2 rear brake lines. I reused the factory clips that hold the lines to the mounting brackets because they seemed more robust than the ones that came in the kit. The front lines went on with no problems but the rear lines were a total PITA! I would recommend that the novice mechanic might want to pay a shop to install the rears. The reason I say this is because the point where the rear lines connect to the hard steel lines is located above the driver rear tire inside the frame rail right under the bed of the truck. There is no way to see what you need to do and the location is extremely difficult to access. Putting the truck on a lift and removing the spare tire probably would make things easier. I did it the hard way but I got it done. I put in new fluid and bled the the brakes with no issues. I inspected my pads and rotors and they still look good with 65k on them so I will wait awhile to upgrade them. I have been driving with the new lines for a few months now and I like them, the pedal has a more firm performance feel. I hope this info helps someone out there.

I purchased the Goodridge G-Stop Brakeline kit from Tirerack for $118 + shipping.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...=2wd+Prerunner

Sorry I forgot the pics of the front lines. I will try to post some up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed-ss-brake-lines.jpg   Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed-ss-brake-lines-1-.jpg   Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed-ss-brake-lines-2-.jpg   Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed-ss-brake-lines-3-.jpg   Stainless Steel brake lines with TRD pads installed-ss-brake-lines-4-.jpg  

Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this kit a few years ago and had major issues getting the fronts on...the threads didnt match up and eventually forced them on. Never did the rears because of the headache. I Do like them though
Old 07-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
I bought the same brand due to lifting. Bought two inch extended but in hind-sight maybe should have gotten even longer. S/S is always a good way to go. Surprised about the thread thing in post 2, maybe a fluke mixup?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
Street Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Street Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I got to 75k miles and decided to go ahead and have my rotors turned and I installed the TRD brake pads from trdparts4u.com. I am very happy with the stopping power of these pads but I am not so thrilled with the brake dust that now accumulates on my front wheels after only one week of conservative driving. I guess that is the trade for more stopping power. These pads do work great and do not make any noise. I would recommend them if you do not mind the dust. Pedal feels very solid. Truck stops quick.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34 AM   #5
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Good review on these! I'm looking to upgrade my brakes soon as well
Old 06-11-2014, 05:39 AM   #6
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Man i hate changing these brake lines
One time my Hard brake line nut got stripped, and had to replace the entire line from the master cylinder to the wheel.