Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Boost port???

Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Towards your education

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=50532

Got the good stuff in there.
So - Just read that whole thing...and now I'm curious. How far will the OEM FPR connected to the boost port compensate? I don't want to have to put an adjustable FPR on my list, but I want to make sure I do it right...
Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #22
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So - Just read that whole thing...and now I'm curious. How far will the OEM FPR connected to the boost port compensate? I don't want to have to put an adjustable FPR on my list, but I want to make sure I do it right...
X2

road trip to Tex may be coming up

Must shake hand, and buy some grub/drink
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what the end capability of the OEM one is specifically. I don't think there is any test data on it. I do know that the diaphragm of the OEM one is miniscule at best.

I do know of two trucks, at least, which are running/ were running 10 psi boost on them. One still is. How well does it work? Well enough I suppose. Better than nothing, that is for sure. How much more can it handle above 10 psi? I don't want to be the guinea pig...

Here is some additional reading.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...efr_index.html

Road trip eh???
Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Not sure what the end capability of the OEM one is specifically. I don't think there is any test data on it. I do know that the diapraghm of the OEM one is miniscule at best.

I do know of two trucks, at least, which are running/ were running 10 psi boost on them. One still is. How well does it work? Well enough I suppose. Better than nothing, that is for sure. How much more can it handle above 10 psi? I don't want to be the guinea pig...

Here is some additional reading.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...efr_index.html

Road trip eh???
Hmmm-I don't suspect I'll be all the way to 10 psi. Might have to see what the dyno says before I try any swaps to adjustable FPRs...
Old 07-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #25
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to be using the UCON, I can pretty much guarantee that Gadget will say not to do the FPR mod. Basically because the tune is setup for static fuel pressure, w/ the specific sized injectors that are being used.

Having a larger diaphragm FPR still won't hurt though. If you had a different tuning device, I would say to use the FPR mod as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #28
JWP6114 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl, 4th MAW, HMLA775 Det-A 02-07
Name: Jake
JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, I got it all hammered out, let a local custom muffler shop install a bung at the end of y piple like the one above, it was 30$, so now my boost gauge and AFR are working properly and can be swaped back and forth between the 2 DM-6's on my dash board... thanks for all the help...

What should i be seeing for afr at full power in the top 2 gears? its running quite rich... above 50% throttle in 4th and 5th gear afr drops down to around 11, i have seen it drop all the way to 10...

I called TRD and went by the local dealer that installed it all as trd suggested and verified that they flashed the ECU, I was told by PLX and one other custom toyota shop that TRD could send them a custom flash... waiting on the local dealer to run diagnostics on it...

forgot one question, anyone know if the PLX DM-6's have adjustable brightness?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
JWP6114 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl, 4th MAW, HMLA775 Det-A 02-07
Name: Jake
JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is normal for it to run that rich.

I am currently N/A with the factory ecu running things. Mine runs in the 10's at WOT.
normal does not = acceptable...

i know they air on the side of safety, but if they offer a free custom ecu flash I'll take it.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #32
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP6114 View Post
Thanks everyone, I got it all hammered out, let a local custom muffler shop install a bung at the end of y piple like the one above, it was 30$, so now my boost gauge and AFR are working properly and can be swaped back and forth between the 2 DM-6's on my dash board... thanks for all the help...

What should i be seeing for afr at full power in the top 2 gears? its running quite rich... above 50% throttle in 4th and 5th gear afr drops down to around 11, i have seen it drop all the way to 10...

I called TRD and went by the local dealer that installed it all as trd suggested and verified that they flashed the ECU, I was told by PLX and one other custom toyota shop that TRD could send them a custom flash... waiting on the local dealer to run diagnostics on it...

forgot one question, anyone know if the PLX DM-6's have adjustable brightness?
Your welcome!

The running rich is BS i know! lol doesnt help with me since im in the low 10's and sometimes somewhere in the high 9's at times at 5500 RPM redline -.-'