Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Boost Gauge!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #41
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Dezod.com sells different AEM EMS'. Depending on the level of functionality, will determine the cost. Talk with Paul there, and he can give you the information you need to make a sound decision.

Secondly, You can push past 400 if you like. But that is already twice the stock wheel hp. The only people that are in that area are URD MKIII & turbo people.

400 whp is good for stock. Safe tune. Get internals if you want to push past that. Trust me.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #42
JWP6114 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl, 4th MAW, HMLA775 Det-A 02-07
Name: Jake
JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Roger on all, thanks a bunch torspd
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #44
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
Found when I installed the volant my wideband jumped to 11.4, after that I did the fpr mod and it went back down to 10.6. Installing the 2.85 stealth tomorrow and we will see what the wideband reads. Then I'll be done until factory warranty expires. Trying to get away with leaving pump stock. Next week Tim to play with the raptor group.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #46

JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Torspd...

If our fuel air is peg'd out at rich with the 2.825 pulley if I drop to a smaller one do I still need to upgrade fuel pump? I am obviously getting ample fuel...
Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #47
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel pump feeds the injectors. Injectors feed the engine.

Just because the injectors are "open" and dumping fuel, doesn't mean that the pump is on the verge of being maxed out for its HP capacity.

Gadget had already tested the HP levels long ago on the factory fuel pump. With Similar sized injectors on his MKI setup. (Basically made similar power levels as a modded TRD) Kept going lean in higher rpms. Even though they were commanding more fuel. Thus a pump was needed.

~$150 + or - for a pump kit from Dezod or URD, or the potential cost of going lean, causing knock, and having to get a new engine. Hmmmmm...
Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #48

JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Roger that, anyone have a snout turning tool they could loan a brother?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #49
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
I have a question about that snout tool. Why would one need to machine the supercharger down? Why wouldn't you just machine the pulley to a larger id? I assume im not the first to ask this, but wouldn't you just pull the old pulley off, measure its id with calipers, measure the of the snout, figure your press fit tolerating and then apply it to the machining id of the new pulley?

I would rather be running tools on the pulley not the charger snout, but thats me.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #50

JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
If you make the OD of the pulley .25 or .5" smaller than stock the snout is too big, the snout was designed for a 3" not a 2.7 or 2.5".
The 2.825" needs no mod to the snout just only slightly decreases clearance.

I think
Old 08-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODEX M.E. View Post
I have a question about that snout tool. Why would one need to machine the supercharger down? Why wouldn't you just machine the pulley to a larger id? I assume im not the first to ask this, but wouldn't you just pull the old pulley off, measure its id with calipers, measure the of the snout, figure your press fit tolerating and then apply it to the machining id of the new pulley?

I would rather be running tools on the pulley not the charger snout, but thats me.
When the O.D. of the pulley gets smaller, so does the I.D. When the pulley gets to a small enough size, the snout has to be cut.

URD sells the tool. Super simple to use.

If you don't want to go smaller, get the Snakebite Upgrade from Steigmier (? spelling). But build your engine first.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #52
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
The snout cutter cuts the snout, not the shaft. But like tor said, as you go smaller the clearance becomes an issue between the inside of the pulley and the body of the supercharger unit aka snout. It would be easier to show a pic i guess
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #53
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an example of the tool in use, you would have found this in my build thread

Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #55
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
Here's an example of the tool in use, you would have found this in my build thread

Ahhhhh this makes sense now, I didnt know it was that close of a fit to the housing, I never really looked at it that well. I always thought they were changing the shaft diameter and was like "well thats effing stupid".
Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #56
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODEX M.E. View Post
Ahhhhh this makes sense now, I didnt know it was that close of a fit to the housing, I never really looked at it that well. I always thought they were changing the shaft diameter and was like "well thats effing stupid".
Yeah you really need a picture to picture it in your mind way better lol glad it helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP6114 View Post
Roger that, anyone have a snout turning tool they could loan a brother?
I would have gave you mine, but I sold my cutter already
Old 08-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #57
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
With pulley installed I'm at 11.2 wot. on bone stock fuel. I'll pick up a old supra denso or 255 on ebay for 40 bucks.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #59
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I love how every time I see a thread with boost in the title I find Torspd.
And I'm always lurking
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #60
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I love how every time I see a thread with boost in the title I find Torspd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank3105 View Post
With pulley installed I'm at 11.2 wot. on bone stock fuel. I'll pick up a old supra denso or 255 on ebay for 40 bucks.
Be mindful not to get a knockoff Chinese Walbro. Plenty are floating around out there.

Products Discussed in this Thread