Notices

Boost Gauge!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
Boost Gauge!

Hey guys/gals. I just recently made my 2nd modification to my Tacoma (first being the supercharger) and I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem I did finding a decent gauge. I know our trucks only run 5-6psi so there are not many gauges out there for us that low. I wanted to see the thing move and not look like it was wiggling near the bottom of the scale.

Solution! I don't know how many of you guys have heard of them, but Speedhut custom built me a gauge to the design I wanted. 0-10psi, blue metallic backing, real aluminum bezel, white back lighting and most importantly red TRD letters written on it.

They exceeded my expectations and even when the next step without even asking me. I received my gauge and they actually did the TRD letters in the appropriate font and everything just like the real logo. I was just going to take the regular font as it was the only option. but these guys really impressed me.

Anyways, I'll put some pics up for people to see, let me know what you think. And if anyone has been looking for a gauge definitely check these people out! Questions and comments always welcome as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Boost Gauge!-imag0572.jpg   Boost Gauge!-imag0573.jpg   Boost Gauge!-imag0575.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sharp man, how much was the price for a custom gauge?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. I would like a vacuum/boost gauge for mine though... with the TRD logo with that too Price?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #4

You can get it with vacuum as well. I think the total came out to be somewhere around the $175 mark. It's not cheap, but its def. not the most expensive either.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty damn cool.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That looks really nice. Good find. Is it analog or digital?
It's digital. I am still up in the air on if this was better than an analog, but the stepper motor in this thing seems fast enough that unless I had the two side by side I wouldn't know the difference. Sort of like TV shopping.

Love the build by the way. Inspiring and depressing at the same time. Ive wanted to do some of the same things as you after my warranty.....but I don't want the troubles you had. I want to swap out everything for forged internals but I only want to run like 10-12 psi by the time I am done. (after warranty of course) I want high performance and reliability, but that means $$$
Old 07-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Street Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura aboutStreet Runner has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Street Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODEX M.E. View Post
It's digital. I am still up in the air on if this was better than an analog, but the stepper motor in this thing seems fast enough that unless I had the two side by side I wouldn't know the difference. Sort of like TV shopping.

Love the build by the way. Inspiring and depressing at the same time. Ive wanted to do some of the same things as you after my warranty.....but I don't want the troubles you had. I want to swap out everything for forged internals but I only want to run like 10-12 psi by the time I am done. (after warranty of course) I want high performance and reliability, but that means $$$
The troubles I have had are there to be shared, so that others don't have them.

I have successfully helped the production of turbo kits after mine, with my gained knowledge. Those are all running very well and safely.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #11

Quote:
The troubles I have had are there to be shared, so that others don't have them.

I have successfully helped the production of turbo kits after mine, with my gained knowledge. Those are all running very well and safely.

I know this is asking for a lot, but I have always wanted to see someone twin-charge one of our tacomas. Maybe you should lead up on that challenge lol.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Been done by a member on Customtacos.com Goes by Balboa. Sadly, he never finalized his setup. Custom rear mount tied into a TRD S/C.

There was also an FJ that I had seen with a TRD and STS Rear mount. A UAE guy had that. Heard he blew it though.
Hahaha well at least he had the balls to try it. I bet it would be nice if it could function properly and safely.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Damn, those pics make me want to ditch my phantom II's and get a set of these.
I'm debating on ordering anopther one identicle to this except for air fuel ratio. Its either this or an exhaust next, not sure which I would rather have. I would like to know what ratio I am running before I start tacking on modifications.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #17
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm debating on ordering anopther one identicle to this except for air fuel ratio. Its either this or an exhaust next, not sure which I would rather have. I would like to know what ratio I am running before I start tacking on modifications.
Agreed! I'm running vac/boost & wideband a/f gauges.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Agreed! I'm running vac/boost & wideband a/f gauges.
Do you know what kind of ratios these trucks are suposed to get with just the supercharger and the remap? I am curious so when I get a gauge, I'll know im starting in a good spot. Everything should be spot on since nothing has been changed, but that doesnt always mean it is.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you know what kind of ratios these trucks are suposed to get with just the supercharger and the remap? I am curious so when I get a gauge, I'll know im starting in a good spot. Everything should be spot on since nothing has been changed, but that doesnt always mean it is.
Some say the re-flash with the supercharger is hit or miss on the A/F ratio. Some experience lean conditions and some are too rich. Mine is alittle on the rich side. But cruzing should be around 14.7 to 1 and when you go WOT i like to see it dip into the low 11's. Mine currently dip into the 10's at WOT.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Some say the re-flash with the supercharger is hit or miss on the A/F ratio. Some experience lean conditions and some are too rich. Mine is alittle on the rich side. But cruzing should be around 14.7 to 1 and when you go WOT i like to see it dip into the low 11's. Mine currently dip into the 10's at WOT.

Well that doesn't sound too bad, I would rather it run rich and lean out and go boom! I heard we are suposed to keep it at like 12.5 or less at WOT, but i could be wrong. wish there was just a manual where is said these kinds of things.

Products Discussed in this Thread