Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

ScanGauge II coming today!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
ScanGauge II coming today!

So I ordered the ScanGuage II mostly out of curiosity in wanting to know what temp my engine operates at, transmission, my MPGs over various trips, etc. and to detect any problems before it becomes a problem...

It's supposed to arrive today. I always feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I order a new gadget and it shows up!

Hoping I'll have no problem with getting it to read the transmission temp. Saw some threads here where people had issues, but it seemed that 2011+ didn't have that issue anymore.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
AFTaco will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 2W0
Name: Doug
AFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, what problems did you read about? I have an 09 and was thinkin on getting one to read my tranny temp.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded up from my 09 with man trans, so no trans temp available there, to a 13 DBSB sport and put on a new SG II. You will need to get the code specific to tacoma for trans temp. Mine works perfect with no probs at all. Runs in the mid 150's around town with 80+ outside temp.

Let me know and I will post code I used, if you need it.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Do it Dont talk about it
Ryan Tucker is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Ryan Tucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
I just traded up from my 09 with man trans, so no trans temp available there, to a 13 DBSB sport and put on a new SG II. You will need to get the code specific to tacoma for trans temp. Mine works perfect with no probs at all. Runs in the mid 150's around town with 80+ outside temp.

Let me know and I will post code I used, if you need it.
Anything you could post to help read the trans temp would be great. Ive read the entire scan gauge book and been on here 3 hours reading through threads from the search feature, and not found it yet.

Ive got about 4 days driving now on my new SG II and love it so far, its a great tool. I tow a lot and really need to monitor the trans temp, its the main reason I choose it over the other couple options. Thanks

Tucker
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Read through this, tranny temp xcodes are in there, search is your friend.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pressure.html
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
The codes and to what vehicles they apply are on the scan gauge website.
The booklet only tells you how to enter them
this coding is what worked for my '13 AT and is what is referred to above.

Transmission Fluid Temperature
TXD: 07E021D9
RXF: 032180000000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 00070065FE70
NAM: TFT
In degrees
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
RacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub86 View Post
So I ordered the ScanGuage II mostly out of curiosity in wanting to know what temp my engine operates at, transmission, my MPGs over various trips, etc. and to detect any problems before it becomes a problem...

It's supposed to arrive today. I always feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I order a new gadget and it shows up!

Hoping I'll have no problem with getting it to read the transmission temp. Saw some threads here where people had issues, but it seemed that 2011+ didn't have that issue anymore.
Ndub86,

Can you post some pictures when you get it installed? I've been contemplating getting a SGII but not sure where I'd mount it yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I will put up a couple pics also; mine is over the mirror using a blend mount .
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Also to be clear, 10+ have TFT1 and TFT2 for pan temp and torque converter temp, 09- is TFT1, pan temp only.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Blend mount and Scangauge. '13 DBSC Sport.
About 30 mins to run cable and configure mount.
Attached Thumbnails
ScanGauge II coming today!-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
RacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacecarGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RacecarGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
Blend mount and Scangauge. '13 DBSC Sport.
About 30 mins to run cable and configure mount.
I really like this setup but I've relocated my rear view mirror higher, so the scan gauge won't fit on top.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #12
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Search, there is a thread on scanguage mount options that people have used.

I don't have pics, but one of the ideas that I picked up (since I also have the mirror relocate bracket), is to take the belt clip from a measuring tape (or somesuch) and a small screw (need to be careful to screw it back far enough that it doesn't hit the SG electronics), remove the SG back cover, screw in the clip to the back cover, then I added two pieces of the hook part of velcro to the either side of the clip. Then I clipped the SG to the top left of my headliner, and just have the cable routed down the A-pillar.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
Do it Dont talk about it
Thanks guys, I bet Ive spent 3-4 hours reading on the subject. That thread and data dated a ways back and didn't come up through my searches but appreciate you posting it. I have all that wrote down I will go give it a try. Thanks again

Ryan
Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Do it Dont talk about it
Worked great, no problem once you have the correct codes, thanks guys.

Ryan
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
That's because you selected instantaneous MPG instead of average. Check the code list at the front of the book.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
This code worked for my 09. Mounted on the steering column plastic with some velcro.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
When SC is in norm op mode, 4 gauges displayed, whenever you push a button it advances that display to the next gauge.

You need to post the four 3 alpha codes that the gauge displays when motor is running and the position on gauge (lower left, upper right, etc)
Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #18
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
At each of the four corners the display is a number and a 3 digit alpha code for example : 68.0 MPH is you speed ad reported by the ECU. 2114 RPM is engine rpm.

You did set this up according to page 4 - 13 right?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Referring back to YOUR post #15. How do you know if your mpg is jumping around if you don't even know if SC is displaying mpg as you are unaware of the 3 digit alpha codes that tell you what you are looking at ?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Page 26 of the manual. This thing is not exactly plug and play, you know.