Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Anybody rockin' the TRD CAI + TRD Catback Exhaust?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
N/A
Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 283 View Post
What do you think of it? Any noticeable improvements in mpg/hp? Once my warranty runs up, I'm thinking of getting this combo. It may be all marketing, but I was reading on the trd website about these and seems like these are specifically tuned for tacos to get the best performance.
What are the pros and cons? Anything else I need to get for this setup like a new MAF or MAF Calibrator, etc?
Thanks in advance.
Why wait until your warranty runs out? They won't void it.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you think of it? Any noticeable improvements in mpg/hp? Once my warranty runs up, I'm thinking of getting this combo. It may be all marketing, but I was reading on the trd website about these and seems like these are specifically tuned for tacos to get the best performance.
What are the pros and cons? Anything else I need to get for this setup like a new MAF or MAF Calibrator, etc?
Thanks in advance.
I was wondering the same things.......subscribed
Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
well, true but they are going to have one hell of a time trying to prove that the said part was the cause of the said issue... look up the magnuson moss warranty act
Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"This part is sold with no warranty and installation of this part may adversely affect the warranty coverage of the vehicle."
From the TRD website.
No it won't.

If you're really worried about it, buy it from the stealership and have them install it. My friend added the supercharger to his 4Runner and paid through the nose to have them install it so that they couldn't void the warranty, but the magnusson-moss act puts the burden of proof is on Toyota to prove that an aftermarket part lead to a problem in order for them to void a warranty claim.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
No it won't.

If you're really worried about it, buy it from the stealership and have them install it. My friend added the supercharger to his 4Runner and paid through the nose to have them install it so that they couldn't void the warranty, but the magnusson-moss act puts the burden of proof is on Toyota to prove that an aftermarket part lead to a problem in order for them to void a warranty claim.
X2

they have to be able to prove that the cai caused your truck to malfunction. as long as you mantain the cai (i.e. like keeping the filter clean) you wont have any problems with it anyway. there is another thread on here about this. some said they called toyota directly adn they said it would not void the warrenty
Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Here is exactly how it will perform... (my truck)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNQFyhYqxC8

I'm using that exact setup.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
rcrick263 is on a distinguished road

rcrick263's Tacoma Gallery
I am also thinking of doing this setup. About how much are you guys total?
By that i mean how much $ did you spend for both the CAI and the Exhaust?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
love it, but i also have DT headers which makes the entire set up sound bad ass
Old 03-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
has anyone who is running a TRD CAI, had any problems since installing it, or experienced anything negative. Anything? even something as simple as the check engine lite coming?
Just curious
Nope its a real straight forward install, just follow the directions and you'll be set
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post

is that auto?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
is that auto?
Yea and I put it in 3rd
Old 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
jguinn2005 is on a distinguished road
jguinn2005's Tacoma Gallery
socolax91 - what kind of mileage do you get with that setup? And what kind of performance increase did you notice with the URD Mass Airflow Sensor calibrator? I've got a 6spd and put the URD TCAI on. I noticed an amazing gain for just a CAI but my mileage was horrible so I have removed it for now.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I have this combo also. The dealer installed it. I am happy with it.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
If you have an X-runner, the exhaust tip will not protrude past the side skirts. I had to lengthen mine.

This is before I extended the tip.

This is after, with a little added red paint.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #17
catman393 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: USCGC TAMPA (WMEC-902)
catman393's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought this combo for my 09 PreRunner as well. The exhaust is at the dealer right now, but sadly Im on duty today so that will have to wait until Monday afternoon and the CAI is on back order "until Jan" but their going to "upgrade" it to try and get it here faster. Both parts together cost me $820 + $160 for install of both. I'm hoping the money's worth it and praying that my gas mileage will go up or at least stay the same and praying to any deity that will listen that it doesn't go down.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
catman393 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: USCGC TAMPA (WMEC-902)
catman393's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I just got home after having the exhaust installed by the dealership. I like the exhaust because of how it sounds and the fact that you only hear it when you want to (when you accelerate) and when your just cruising along you can't really hear it so for long road trips it shouldn't be an issue at all. Still waiting on the CAI now their saying it'll be there on the 29th.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #19
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post

are u stick?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
are u stick?
Negative.