1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with mods and enhancements

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Koolguy32, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Aug 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    Koolguy32

Koolguy32 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner TRD
    I'm a new member here and I have hopes for a big project I want to start working on. To start off my dads a mechanic and I want to completely mod the 2005 Toyota tacoma 6cyl prerunner he gave me for my birthday. What do I want to mod into it? It's your standard tacoma you buy at the dealer and what I want to start is a juice up project. My dad built Together a 450hp supercharged xrunner it's fast. Now my truck is bigger and def bulkier but I want to make it faster. I'm willing to put anything into it, to enhance its performance. If you have ideas or parts I should look into I would greatly appreciate it! ortega_gamaliel@hotmail.com

image.jpg

2. Aug 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
  3. Aug 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
  4. Aug 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Tor and werty both have (atleast til werty sells his) amazing trucks with serious hp check out their builds but I'm pretty sure they both frequent the underground also.

5. Aug 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Also member toon has a turbo setup for that truck for sale... 395 hp to the wheels @ 8 psi...

6. Aug 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
  7. Aug 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    ^^^ Good posts in here.

SIK X doesn't get on TW very often at all. He is much easier to get ahold of on XR-underground.com.

He is the fabricator for PowerFab. We have worked very hard, He definitely more than I, to bring bolt on turbo kits to the 1GR Tacoma.

I have worked back in forth with Paul at www.Dezod.com to bring all sorts of the necessary goodies for the engine, or tuning, to market. Check them out, and look under the "Toyota Xrunner" section.

You can have a far more powerful 1GR than 450whp, with what is now available. :D

Also, let us not forget this thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/238786-darton-sleeves.html

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top