Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 Offroad Exhaust Systems

Old 08-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 Offroad Exhaust Systems

Check it out - Saw this blog post today, should be good for the 2013+ guys. I like the dumped system personally.

MagnaFlow Performance has announced the release of two new 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 Cat-Back Systems.

Performance ExhaustPN 15240
The classic design of the Maganflow Performance Exhaust catback is now available for the 2013+ Toyota Tacoma with the 4.0 V6. Each system offers stainless steel construction, mandrel bent 2.5″ – 3″ diameter piping, a 4″ tip and single passenger side rear exit.

Part Number: 15240
Material: 100% Stainless Steel
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.50/3.0in.
TIP O.D. Size: 4.0in.
TIP Quantity: 1
Single/Dual: Single
Exit Position: SINGLE PASSENGER SIDE REAR EXIT

MAP: $596.08

Off Road Pro Series ExhaustPN 17145
Magnaflow’s Off Road Pro Series exhaust system for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 has a full stainless steel construction with mandrel bent 2.5″ diameter piping. For maximum clearance, the system has a turn down that exits in front of the rear tire.

Part Number: 17145
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.50in.
TIP O.D. Size:
TIP Quantity:
Exit Position: TURN DOWN IN FRONT OF REAR TIRE

MAP: $330.27

Both systems feature Magnaflow’s Lifetime Warranty. They are dyno tested and proven to add performances gains in horespower & torque. Magnaflow mufflers are known for their smooth; deep tone. These mandrel-bent catbacks are very easy to install & are built to last.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Those are beautiful exhaust systems.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That works for some people too, we do a ton of Borla muffler swaps. Changing the piping diameter, length, bends and material all has an effect on the sound though and a certain tone that cannot be achieved by just swapping the muffler.

These should add a bit more power then a muffler swap, especially with supporting mods like LT headers, intake, supercharger etc..
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
so does this not work for the 2012?
isnt it all the same piping and what not. Its basically the same truck no?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevbekTacoma View Post
so does this not work for the 2012?
isnt it all the same piping and what not. Its basically the same truck no?

No, they are a little different between the two years. They do make the same systems for the 2012, just different part numbers.

2012 V6 4.0L; Crew Cab (60.3in. Bed); 2WD Pre-Runner; 4 WD; TRD
5 x 8 x 18in. Muffler; 2.5/3.0in. Tubing; 3.5in. Polished Stainless Tip; SINGLE PASSENGER SIDE REAR EXIT - PN 16625

V6 4.0L; Extended-Crew Cab/Short Bed
Off Road Pro Series; 5 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5in. Tubing; 3.0in. Turn Down; TURN DOWN IN FRONT OF REAR TIRE - PN 17115

Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
That works for some people too, we do a ton of Borla muffler swaps. Changing the piping diameter, length, bends and material all has an effect on the sound though and a certain tone that cannot be achieved by just swapping the muffler.

These should add a bit more power lose then a muffler swap, unless with supporting mods like LT headers, intake, supercharger etc..
Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, they are a little different between the two years. They do make the same systems for the 2012, just different part numbers.

2012 V6 4.0L; Crew Cab (60.3in. Bed); 2WD Pre-Runner; 4 WD; TRD
5 x 8 x 18in. Muffler; 2.5/3.0in. Tubing; 3.5in. Polished Stainless Tip; SINGLE PASSENGER SIDE REAR EXIT - PN 16625

V6 4.0L; Extended-Crew Cab/Short Bed
Off Road Pro Series; 5 x 14in. Muffler; 2.5in. Tubing; 3.0in. Turn Down; TURN DOWN IN FRONT OF REAR TIRE - PN 17115

thanks for the info already found it, bought it, and just installed it today
haha
Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevbekTacoma View Post
thanks for the info already found it, bought it, and just installed it today
haha

How is it holding up for you? Liking the sound???
Old 10-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #10

Quote:
How is it holding up for you? Liking the sound???

20% off Maganflow web pricing at TAP Auto Parts thru October - USE code FLOW20
i truly love every second of it.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
Ed271 is on a distinguished road
Ed271's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys...I'm selling a brand new one in the box. Check out my post if you guys are interested!
Thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed271 View Post
Hey guys...I'm selling a brand new one in the box. Check out my post if you guys are interested!
Thanks
Why you selling it? and is it the turn down before the axle or the side exit behind the wheel?
Old 08-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #13
ArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud ofArcherTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Riley
ArcherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the twin side exit but just a bump for a great product. I love mine. Love the tone and though not necessarily huge there is a definite difference in throttle response and feel.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
~~I'll just put the tip in...~~
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue Jumper-SpecOPs PJ
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Check it out - Saw this blog post today, should be good for the 2013+ guys. I like the dumped system personally.

MagnaFlow Performance has announced the release of two new 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 Cat-Back Systems.

Performance ExhaustPN 15240
The classic design of the Maganflow Performance Exhaust catback is now available for the 2013+ Toyota Tacoma with the 4.0 V6. Each system offers stainless steel construction, mandrel bent 2.5″ – 3″ diameter piping, a 4″ tip and single passenger side rear exit.

Part Number: 15240
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.50/3.0in.
TIP O.D. Size: 4.0in.
TIP Quantity: 1
Exit Position: SINGLE PASSENGER SIDE REAR EXIT
MAP: $596.08

Off Road Pro Series ExhaustPN 17145
Magnaflow’s Off Road Pro Series exhaust system for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 has a full stainless steel construction with mandrel bent 2.5″ diameter piping. For maximum clearance, the system has a turn down that exits in front of the rear tire.

Part Number: 17145
Tubing O.D. Size: 2.50in.
TIP O.D. Size:
TIP Quantity:
Exit Position: TURN DOWN IN FRONT OF REAR TIRE
MAP: $330.27

Both systems feature Magnaflow’s Lifetime Warranty. They are dyno tested and proven to add performances gains in horespower & torque. Magnaflow mufflers are known for their smooth; deep tone. These mandrel-bent catbacks are very easy to install & are built to last.
I'll be in the Perf. Exhaust after my TRD CATBACK looses efficacy..!!

Has there been any feedback on the Comparison of the two(TRD-MAGNA) sound wise..?!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF ROWD View Post
I'll be in the Perf. Exhaust after my TRD CATBACK looses efficacy..!!

Has there been any feedback on the Comparison of the two(TRD-MAGNA) sound wise..?!
Good info on it here - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...s-catback.html
Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
Ed271 is on a distinguished road
Ed271's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
Why you selling it? and is it the turn down before the axle or the side exit behind the wheel?
I'm selling it 'cause when I bought the truck a bought also a package of parts but I decided to go in another direction. Are you interested?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed271 View Post
I'm selling it 'cause when I bought the truck a bought also a package of parts but I decided to go in another direction. Are you interested?

Probably won't fit, I'm DCLB. Also, is that the off-road version?