1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bully Dog GT-T+ Toyota Tuner

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tcBob, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Oct 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed, TRD Sport
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    I love this idea, and would love to hear answer sooner rather than later if possible as I intend to purchase a set of long tube headers and I'd love to know if I will need the o2 sensor sims or not.

2. Oct 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Wesley, Ive been trying to keep up with this thread but have a question. If I get the tuner for a NA motor, and then decide to add a S/c later, can the tuner be updated from that point to accommodate the s/c?

3. Oct 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed, TRD Sport
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    I'm purely speculating here, but I would say yes, assuming that your year of truck has both NA and supercharged tunes available for use.

My understanding is that the various tunes are updated from time to time by bully dog and made available for download from their website or something so if your tuner doesn't already have the required tune you just download the one you need (assuming it exists) and re-flash.

4. Oct 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    This is what I was thinking. Just not sure if this is the case, then why the need for a supercharge tuner and a NA tuner to sell. Unless they are both the same, just one is loaded with the s/c tune already.

5. Oct 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    theallpowerfuljon

theallpowerfuljon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 15 T4R Limited
    I'm really tempted to throw one on my stock '09...I even have an AEM wideband that's been in my garage for 5 years now.

6. Oct 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    BD Wesley

BD Wesley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Aberdeen, ID
    That's a great idea! We have the ability to do that, but whether or not we're allowed to is a different question. Deleting diagnostics can be a sticky situation with warranty coverage, and we would rather not give them any more reasons to void your warranty. I'll bring it up though and see if it's something we could add! Are these a/f headers still street legal? I would assume so.

Hey, yes. Guy with alot of questions? ;) haha just kidding.
    No as of right now it is not available for the 09. I wasn't aware that your truck was an 09. Would you be able to leave the truck with us or are you thinking you'll be able to swing by, drop it off in the morning and pick up after you've waited for a few hours? When it comes to adding applications, there's quite a few things they would need to check into.

EDIT: Yes, 09 IS supported. I had thought it was, but when I went to check it wasn't shown and so I thought it might have been removed for tweaking. But, it has not been and it's ready to go! N/A and S/C!
    Sorry again for the wrong info.

Yes, the tuner can be updated to accomodate the s/c. Make sure you completely uninstall and try to update the unit. Then create your new tunes. If you run into any issues just call tech support and they'll have no problem with helping you out.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  7. Oct 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, JBA long tube headers, and URD's new SPEC U long tube headers are all "For Off-Road Use Only". Since they delete the front primary cats which are read by the downstream O2 sensors. Thus the need for an O2 simulator. Unless you have the ability to do "that" for those "off-road" scenarios. ;)

8. Oct 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    i didn't hear this from wesley i thought i read it a few pages back, so i could be wrong, i thought my config was supported. in fact i thought i also saw that on the BD website.
    i am ready to pull the trigger as well. but i really want a confirmation or a dyno graph showing a 2009 SC taco such as mine before and after before im willing to bite. i want to know i am going to get more than the NA mentioned 25hp and i think it was stated 30 tq. i would think a SC would benefit more than that for a better tune.
    have you heard or seen any solid numbers for the SC application?

9. Oct 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    WOODEX M.E.

WOODEX M.E. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR Pyrite Mica
    TRD Supercharger, Speedhut TRD Boost Gauge, Speedhut TRD AFR Gauge, PLX Wideband Controller W/Bosch O2 Sensor, Cravenspeed Boost Pod, AFE Pro Dri II Si Intake, Calvert Racing Caltrac Traction Bars. URD Catback Exhaust, URD 2.825" Super Grip Pulley, URD Spec-U Equal Length Headers, URD 255lph Fuel Pump, OEM FPR Mod.
    Agreed. There could be the possible "off road tuning" category.

10. Oct 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    BD Wesley

BD Wesley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Aberdeen, ID
    Yes, I apologize. I checked again and sure enough the 09 is supported. There has been a lot going on over here and I should've double checked myself before saying it wasn't. But it is, and is ready to go.
    Have you seen the dyno charts and the link to the chart that shows hp numbers?
    I have a meeting later with the engineer so I'm going to propose these new ideas and see what happens.

I can already tell you that an offroad tune will not be an option. sorry guys. We need to keep it Cali-street legal.

11. Oct 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T-Rey
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD
    Wesley when is the new update going to be released for the 10-13 SC?

12. Oct 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Plug n play O2 sim to the rescue then. :thumbsup:

13. Oct 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    sfcadams

sfcadams Retired Senior NCO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road DCSB Prerunner Skeewped
    Ok, so I return my tuner to Bullydog because it wouldn't do the special features that were advertised. I get an email today saying that they couldn't process the refund because the fuse tap and fuse spade is supposedly missing from the return. I NEVER hard wired the tuner to see if it would work. They are saying that I can either send the missing parts to them (which I never used mind you) or they could ship the tuner back to me. I don't get the fact that a company would ship the tuner back to me just for $.10 of missing hardware. I told them that they need to recheck the box.

14. Oct 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    sounds like someone (BD) is upset they are losing youre money and not playing nice..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  15. Oct 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+

:popcorn:

16. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    sfcadams

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Kind of what it sounds like. Very petty if you ask me. I guess they are going to recheck the box.

17. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    im actually suprised, BD is one of the few company's i have never heard complaints about. Then again maybe thats because they have a much smaller group of the market than some of the other guys cough"banks"cough. That being said, they BD stuff on my parent's old dodge was all great. Hopefully they just had a stupid moment and they fix it.

18. Oct 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    sfcadams

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I have no doubt that their stuff is top notch. Just saying their customer service or at least their returns department need to pull their head out of their ass, so to speak. I almost get the feeling that the "customer is always right" doesn't apply to them...

Like I said, I told them they need to recheck the box and hopefully someone does...

19. Oct 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    Ryan Tucker

Ryan Tucker Do it Dont talk about it

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Terrell Texas
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB MGM Tacoma
    TRD Sport Camper Top
    Man, that's Bad customer service right there. That's the things that make a person think twice before a purchase........

20. Oct 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    sfcadams

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:

I just HOPE that whoever takes in the returns overlooked the pieces they say are missing. All I know is I NEVER used them and everything that came out of the box went back into the box...

I will update on here with the final outcome...

Products Discussed in

To Top