Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Bully Dog GT-T+ Toyota Tuner (40450) Development Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #501
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
According to the previews, next week's Trucks will be bringing in a Tundra and adding a BD to it. Not sure if they are going to dyno it, or just do a fluff/advertising bit on it though.

As for the NA 4.0, we're still waiting on something real as far as results go. Starting to sound a bit like the intake manifold spacer
Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #502
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Wesly, what for mpg can you get from using the BD? I've got 2010 4.0 N/A.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #503
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Much to my excitement and relief, I finally received a full refund on my Bully Dog tuner. Of course it took Paypal resolution to make it happen on my terms, i.e. not getting screwed with a restocking fee on something that didn't perform as promised it would. I do not want it to seem like nor am I implying that Bully Dog was at fault with this whole return fiasco. It was an obvious issue with the vendor and a breakdown of communication between themselves and Bully Dog. Hopefully everyone that has purchased the tuner or is thinking about purchasing the tuner gets what they expected out of it.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #504
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Much to my excitement and relief, I finally received a full refund on my Bully Dog tuner. Of course it took Paypal resolution to make it happen on my terms, i.e. not getting screwed with a restocking fee on something that didn't perform as promised it would. I do not want it to seem like nor am I implying that Bully Dog was at fault with this whole return fiasco. It was an obvious issue with the vendor and a breakdown of communication between themselves and Bully Dog. Hopefully everyone that has purchased the tuner or is thinking about purchasing the tuner gets what they expected out of it.
If i may ask without trying to sound rude, what were you expecting out of a plug in unit? to a 4.0 aluminium block.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #505
eachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shedeachin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
eachin's Tacoma Gallery
He was interested in the laundry list of vehicle features the tuner claims to be able to turn on, turn off, or adjust, which it turns out, it can only do 1 or 2 of.

To be fair, BD states these are vehicle dependant, but it begs the question, if the product is for tacomas and tundra's and neither vehicle supports most of these features, why bother listing them in the first place? Isn't it inherently misleading?

I'm not hung up on it but I can see how somebody could be.

Edit: In case it's not clear, I'm mostly interested in it for the hp/tq boost, data monitoring and data logging functionality. I don't care much if the tuner can/can't control the behaviour of my non-existent sunroof, or how many button presses it takes on my FOB to unlock all doors.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #506
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Valuable feedback from those who have this unit...
Old 11-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #507
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #508
BD Wesley is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
BD Wesley's Tacoma Gallery
The Datalogging Software is now complete! We're uploading it to the website asap!

So, for now I just uploaded it to our Dropbox account and you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a13rrfo9ne...SetupV0002.zip

Note: This is only a temporary link until we load it to the website. I knew if I announced that the software was ready but you can't have it yet that I'd get all sorts of hate, and so this is the easiest way to get you guys taken care of for now! haha

Let us know if you have any issues.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #509
1strongone1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
1strongone1's Tacoma Gallery
It has been awhile, any updates from Bully Dog. Waiting on the new Tacoma Supercharged update.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #510
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Wesley View Post
The Datalogging Software is now complete! We're uploading it to the website asap!

So, for now I just uploaded it to our Dropbox account and you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a13rrfo9ne...SetupV0002.zip

Note: This is only a temporary link until we load it to the website. I knew if I announced that the software was ready but you can't have it yet that I'd get all sorts of hate, and so this is the easiest way to get you guys taken care of for now! haha

Let us know if you have any issues.
This is super cool, thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #511
BD Wesley is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
BD Wesley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1strongone1 View Post
It has been awhile, any updates from Bully Dog. Waiting on the new Tacoma Supercharged update.

Thanks
Engineers are hard at work on the Tacoma.
I've passed on all the info you guys would like to see, and you should be seeing it in an update soon. Trail Throttle, Trail Tune for n/a, stuff like that. Keep the suggestions coming though! The tuner is for YOU, so let us know what will make it worth it!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #512
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see a fuel economy tune. That I would use and see benefits from 90% of my driving. Offroad extra ponies are nice but give me 5+ extra MPG's with a tune.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #513
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
I'd like to see a fuel economy tune. That I would use and see benefits from 90% of my driving. Offroad extra ponies are nice but give me 5+ extra MPG's with a tune.
x2
Old 11-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #514
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! 5mpg from a tune on a Tacoma... not gonna happen. If you were turbo, on 225s, had the lightest foot ever, and never went above 55 than maybe
Old 11-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #515
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Ha! 5mpg from a tune on a Tacoma... not gonna happen. If you were turbo, on 225s, had the lightest foot ever, and never went above 55 than maybe
The first person to crack the ecu before BD has been getting close to 30mpg with his tunes. So I would hope BD could do similar...
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #516
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #517
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
The first person to crack the ecu before BD has been getting close to 30mpg with his tunes. So I would hope BD could do similar...
WUUUUUTTT? Do you have proof of that somewhere? Cause if its real would be awesome. Wouldnt help me probably, but dammit that would be nice and worth the money for many people.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #518
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WUUUUUTTT? Do you have proof of that somewhere? Cause if its real would be awesome. Wouldnt help me probably, but dammit that would be nice and worth the money for many people.
LOL. Thinking the same thing. Toyota needs to hire the guy who can magically increase our MPG to 30s with just some tuning.

Also, I'm late to the party. Any info on the tune for supercharged Tacos?
Old 11-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #519
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Wesley View Post
Engineers are hard at work on the Tacoma.
I've passed on all the info you guys would like to see, and you should be seeing it in an update soon. Trail Throttle, Trail Tune for n/a, stuff like that. Keep the suggestions coming though! The tuner is for YOU, so let us know what will make it worth it!
This is nice, but you do realize that many of us have been asking for dyno curves for the NA 4.0 Tacomas for quite some time now. And we are not waiting on tunes, just data from the existing.....
Old 11-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #520
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
LOL. Thinking the same thing. Toyota needs to hire the guy who can magically increase our MPG to 30s with just some tuning.

Also, I'm late to the party. Any info on the tune for supercharged Tacos?
It is just tuning. No magic there. Proper atomization, fuel trims/AFR, and timing. Can gain a lot with the right tune.