Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Bully Dog GT-T+ Toyota Tuner (40450) Development Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #601
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
yes all they added was the tune.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #602
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, but this is what I don't like about the whole thing. How can this tune be safe and reliable on a truck that is running mods like the supergrip pulley and an exhaust and what ever else it had during the test, and be reliable and comparable with our stock supercharged set ups? The numbers gained on this application does not seem to represent accurately what people should expect.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #603
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive....
I'm curious, how well did the fuel pump and injectors do..... Do u have, the AFR?

I'm on phone so maybe I missed it.

I know the fuel pump can be weak and start to taper off.

Is this the first dyno on the thread by chance?
Just wondering because the pages here add up fast and I may have missed this before if it got buried. Dyno numbers are always a happy bit of objective data.

This truck also has the toyota reflash right?
Typically the reflash is pig rich... Obviously with safety instead of peak performance in mind, and makes sense on Toyotas side.

Now u have me interested..... All I seen before were hopes, dreams, and complaints with a couple of promising updates. I may have jumped the gun on my opinion of this thread/device. I'm more than happy to be wrong here tho...... We do need more Tacoma support especially in the forced induction area.

We have plenty of bolt ons to augment the blower, but tuning is limited unless I'm mistaken.

I dont want the ucon for example.... I'd run the x1 tho..... Just can't find one.

Looks like this bully may come thru on performance side.... Just not the programming of windows/chimes/warnings/ etc.

With 6+ grand into the performance sector, I could care less about chimes and that crap.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #604
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
SUB'D
Old 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #607
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt do the dyno, BullyDogtech should chime in
Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #608
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Hmm. I call BS on that dyno. Sorry. To many discrepancies.
This. Look at those curves, they are almost cookie cutter exact if you were just to move the stock line up...
Old 03-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #609
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
This. Look at those curves, they are almost cookie cutter exact if you were just to move the stock line up...

I agree. Look at the torque band. It shouldn't be that wavy. It should have smooth arches, not that rise and dips between them.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #610
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Impressive....
I'm curious, how well did the fuel pump and injectors do..... Do u have, the AFR?

I'm on phone so maybe I missed it.

I know the fuel pump can be weak and start to taper off.

Is this the first dyno on the thread by chance?
Just wondering because the pages here add up fast and I may have missed this before if it got buried. Dyno numbers are always a happy bit of objective data.

This truck also has the toyota reflash right?
Typically the reflash is pig rich... Obviously with safety instead of peak performance in mind, and makes sense on Toyotas side.

Now u have me interested..... All I seen before were hopes, dreams, and complaints with a couple of promising updates. I may have jumped the gun on my opinion of this thread/device. I'm more than happy to be wrong here tho...... We do need more Tacoma support especially in the forced induction area.

We have plenty of bolt ons to augment the blower, but tuning is limited unless I'm mistaken.

I dont want the ucon for example.... I'd run the x1 tho..... Just can't find one.

Looks like this bully may come thru on performance side.... Just not the programming of windows/chimes/warnings/ etc.

With 6+ grand into the performance sector, I could care less about chimes and that crap.

i had one for sell not to long ago, but already sold it and no one else wanted to buy
Old 03-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #611
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
I didnt do the dyno, BullyDogtech should chime in

I havent seen them on the board or this thread for quite sometime. I would really like to hear what they have to say about this dyno graph. It seems alittle suspicious comparing just the graphs overall not the numbers to the graphs on my dyno sheet of my S/C'd tacoma.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #612
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Only one we had was for the Supercharged truck.

From - http://tapautoparts.com/blog/new-tun...o-100hp-gains/

Just for the sake of comparision.

Mods: AFE CAI,TRD S/C w/reflash,JBA shorties,URD Y-Pipe & Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Catback.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #613
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Just for the sake of comparision.

Mods: AFE CAI,TRD S/C w/reflash,JBA shorties,URD Y-Pipe & Fuel Pump, Magnaflow Catback.
Can't really compare numbers from a mustang dyno. Not the most accurate or precise dyno in the world.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Can't really compare numbers from a mustang dyno. Not the most accurate or precise dyno in the world.
I'm not comparing numbers I already stated that. Im comparing how odd there graphs are and the fact and they somehow when above the stock rev limit. There isnt a dyno out thats 100% accurate so whats your point.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #615
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
This thread died quick. So for those with the BD tuners, do you still notice anything? I have spend time in the truck that BD used for writing the tunes. Truck ripped right after tuning it. But about 3 weeks later it felt like it was back to stock........re-tune it and it comes back, then goes back to feeling stock. Anyone else notice this? It is not my truck, but a good friend of mine. BD asked if they could use my truck to write the tune for 05-08 s/c taco but after the issues with the s/c tundra (which I have put many miles on also and is for sale now and is absolutely insane with no tune) I will not be letting them touch my truck for research. But now that they sold the company, who knows what will happen to BD and the Toyota products anyway.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #616
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
This thread died quick. So for those with the BD tuners, do you still notice anything? I have spend time in the truck that BD used for writing the tunes. Truck ripped right after tuning it. But about 3 weeks later it felt like it was back to stock........re-tune it and it comes back, then goes back to feeling stock. Anyone else notice this? It is not my truck, but a good friend of mine. BD asked if they could use my truck to write the tune for 05-08 s/c taco but after the issues with the s/c tundra (which I have put many miles on also and is for sale now and is absolutely insane with no tune) I will not be letting them touch my truck for research. But now that they sold the company, who knows what will happen to BD and the Toyota products anyway.
Who bought bully dog?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #617
robbergeron23 is on a distinguished road

Name: rob
robbergeron23's Tacoma Gallery
I need a tuner or someone who can tune to get rid of the downhill engine braking that is programmed into the ecm.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #618
BLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLOODYMARY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Keith
BLOODYMARY's Tacoma Gallery
Yea no shit. I'd pay $500 for a tuner just to change and firm up the shift points!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #619
robbergeron23 is on a distinguished road

Name: rob
robbergeron23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODYMARY View Post
Yea no shit. I'd pay $500 for a tuner just to change and firm up the shift points!
I haven't found anyone here to tune it, yet. I may call the guy who tuned my Impala. Although he only tunes GM vehicles, he may know someone who does Toyota's.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #620
JWP6114 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl, 4th MAW, HMLA775 Det-A 02-07
Name: Jake
JWP6114's Tacoma Gallery
Tag