Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Power addition questions

Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Power addition questions

I've got a couple of questions on power additions. I have two things, a K&N intake and a Gibson Exhaust. I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of them and could tell me what kind of power they help me get!!

http://www.gibsonperformance.com/dev...768b0e9d585e9d
exhaust

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...prod=57-9015-1
intake - I know it says 9.45 HP but I want to know torque
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a 99 or later 3.4L V6?

If so that intake may make your engine run very lean. The ones I have tuned seem to have a significant amount of MAF sensor error causing a lean condition.

Might want to watch for that.

If you have questions about that give me a call to discuss.

G
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Do you have a 99 or later 3.4L V6?

If so that intake may make your engine run very lean. The ones I have tuned seem to have a significant amount of MAF sensor error causing a lean condition.

Might want to watch for that.

If you have questions about that give me a call to discuss.

G
'02 3.4, how would I know?