Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD supercharger for 2.7L

Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
eray is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation electricians mate, USS Enterprise
Name: Eric
eray's Tacoma Gallery
URD supercharger for 2.7L

Can anyone tell me if the URD charger is worth the money, and how much difference it actually made. I really would like to compete against all the crazy traffic around my area. LOL.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Put your pedal to the floor. You should be fine
Old 09-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah what he said. Hour much is it now? 5400? You can motor swap for less than that. Shit you can 1gr and make the same power for less than that
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I already told him that tor, lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Torspd;7386588]

http://urdusa.com/Forced-Induction-U...tml[/QUOTE]

I have URD to thank for recording the only 2.7 baseline dyno results in existence.

And had wondered why they were just slightly weaker than the approximately 32 horsepower driveline losses would have yielded, but reading their complete honest and accurate description explained why. Larger than stock diameter tires accounts for the difference. The gains from the supercharger are so huge as to render this tiny detail irrelevant.

Even though I'm just a non aspirated daily driver work truck type, it still impresses me whenever I see a complete, thoroughly well thought out product where every tiny meticulous detail is addressed properly.

Quality always fetches top dollar.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
I was too late.

Why stop at the 1GR? Demello Off-Road has the instructions for a 4.7L swap.
That would probably be too much for my single cab, or would it.....
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
That would probably be too much for my single cab, or would it.....
Probably would be too much... better hold out for the 5.7, go big or go home
Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
If I had a 2.7 I would likely stick to just doing the bolt-on stuff, rather than going through an engine swap. Just easier.

Tooter - you does has at least a little aspiration. Not completely void of the stuff.
Coming from the guy that has done 3 engine swaps lol
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
eray is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation electricians mate, USS Enterprise
Name: Eric
eray's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anyone you know of on this forum that has had this charger installed? Would be nice to hear from one who butt dyno'ed this thing.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eray View Post
Is there anyone you know of on this forum that has had this charger installed? Would be nice to hear from one who butt dyno'ed this thing.
Nobody, only the test truck it was installed on.