Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What upgrades are needed to handle a Twincharger?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
AHamsterPig is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
AHamsterPig's Tacoma Gallery
Question What upgrades are needed to handle a Twincharger?

Hi again guys! I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4-Cyl, and was looking towards a twincharger system, but have no idea what else I would need to upgrade to handle that power, and above all, to keep my baby running smooth. So if I could any help that'd be great, thanks again!

Edit: For those who might not know, a Twincharger is a combination of a supercharger and a turbocharger. The point is to have both compliment each other and point out there flaws and counteract them.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
How much power are you trying to make?

The URD Supercharger system already doubles the stock power.

G
Old 09-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Is there even an aftermarket option for a twincharger?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
The fuck is a twincharger?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
A second job?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok next question, why the fuck would you put that on a 4 cyl taco?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jared
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys If he wants to do it help him, not criticize him. If He has the money to do this I would love to follow the build. Good Luck
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #9

Will in regard to the OPs question, I wouldn't be twincharging on a stock motor. A URD that pushes 5-8 psi would be the most I would throw on stock internals.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Fully built motor, built trans, built rear end, gusseted mounts, some x-braces to prevent frame twist at launches, rear disc break conversion along with big brakes at all corners to stop it, new suspension to the new power, and a big wallet for all the speeding tickets and mods.
Also e-85 is an option to help get a little more ponies safely.

How much power are you looking to make outa our lil 4bangers? 600-800?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Will in regard to the OPs question, I wouldn't be twincharging on a stock motor. A URD that pushes 5-8 psi would be the most I would throw on stock internals.
Gadget might be able to help but I read that the internals on the 2tr were forged.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #12
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The fuck is a twincharger?
Quote:
Ok next question, why the fuck would you put that on a 4 cyl taco?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Fully built motor, built trans, built rear end, gusseted mounts, some x-braces to prevent frame twist at launches, rear disc break conversion along with big brakes at all corners to stop it, new suspension to the new power, and a big wallet for all the speeding tickets and mods.

How much power are you looking to make outa our lil 4bangers? 600-800?
ask a question on tacomaworld they said. people are nice and will give good advice they said.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
ask a question on tacomaworld they said. people are nice and will give good advice they said.
Better than asking this sort of question on pirate4x4
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
When I think of twin-chargers I think of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6am0rCwAk
Old 09-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
I donít think people are being rude at all really. i think most are confused why a twincharger and not just the URD supercharger. idk why he wants a twin over the urd, but more power to him if he has the funds to do it.

and i would not do anything that puts out more psi than the urd without rebuilding the whole engine.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #16
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I donít think people are being rude at all really. i think most are confused why a twincharger and not just the URD supercharger. idk why he wants a twin over the urd, but more power to him if he has the funds to do it.

and i would not do anything that puts out more psi than the urd without rebuilding the whole engine.
i was joking lol
Old 09-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #17
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHamsterPig View Post
Hi again guys! I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4-Cyl, and was looking towards a twincharger system, but have no idea what else I would need to upgrade to handle that power, and above all, to keep my baby running smooth. So if I could any help that'd be great, thanks again!

Edit: For those who might not know, a Twincharger is a combination of a supercharger and a turbocharger. The point is to have both compliment each other and point out there flaws and counteract them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post

G
That's my question? How much power are you looking for?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post

G
So you get 476 Hp, and 538 ft, from the URD kit? Thats not believable.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraj View Post
So you get 476 Hp, and 538 ft, from the URD kit? Thats not believable.
Actually would only take 320hp and 360lb-ft for the 4cyl. Which is very believable