LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Quality TPS???

Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
colo plainsman is on a distinguished road
colo plainsman's Tacoma Gallery
Quality TPS???

So far I've gone through 3 within a year. Not sure if it's the quality of the part or some underlying issue. Any ideas or suggestions
Old 09-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo plainsman View Post
Any ideas or suggestions
My suggestion is to offer more information, as that will help greatly to improve the quality of the responses you receive.

For example, a specific description of the symptoms of your failure, a picture of the failed part. With absolutely nothing to go on, it's easy for threads like this to become a mind reading guessing game of Charades.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
My suggestion is to offer more information, as that will help greatly to improve the quality of the responses you receive.

For example, a specific description of the symptoms of your failure, a picture of the failed part. With absolutely nothing to go on, it's easy for threads like this to become a mind reading guessing game of Charades.

Good point. Thanks

Well first failure was making it through a yellow light stepped on accelerator to make it through and check engine light came on. code was for the TPS sensor had it replaced with a TPS from advanced auto parts. The TPS lasted ten months. There was no change in the rpm's or idle.

2nd) I was sitting at the drive through and the RPM's started dropping and would jump back up. Check engine light kicked on had that replaced. I was on the way to work so I had a garage take care of it not sure of the manufacture of the part. This TPS lasted 3 months.

3rd) I was waiting again at a drive through looked down and check engine light was on again. There was no abnormality in the rpm's or idle. code read TPS again. had the garage replace it since it was under warranty. So I don't have a failed TPS since it was returned for another. this one has lasted a week and a half so far.

I don't know if this is coincidence or not but it seems to be around the time I run BG-44K through a tank of gas.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't know if this is coincidence or not but it seems to be around the time I run BG-44K through a tank of gas.
I don't see how this would cause a TPS failure.
It sounds like there might be something electrically wrong with your truck.

But i have no idea.
Sub'd for outcome.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
hirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the rough
hirod's Tacoma Gallery
Do you eat in your truck? Maybe your truck doesn't like when you eat in it. Especially fast food. Happened twice in a drive through? Seems fairly obvious to me, your trucks looking out for you.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First mistake
Quote:
I was on the way to work so I had a garage take care of it
2nd mistake. They bought that part from Advance (or worse).

Buy one from the dealer, or Camelback Toyota in Phoenix (best price).
Old 09-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
First mistake

2nd mistake. They bought that part from Advance (or worse).

Buy one from the dealer, or Camelback Toyota in Phoenix (best price).

Yeah my first mistake was taking it to Firestone which was my only choice because it was a holiday and next door to work when the 1st one went out. They got the part from advanced auto parts. My blood pressure was about as high as my bill $328 when I pulled up how to change it on you tube.

Yeah I should of got the sensor from dealership. But the sensor seems to crap out when I have to go to work go figure.

Thanks for the advice on Camelback Toyota I'll have to check it out.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirod View Post
Do you eat in your truck? Maybe your truck doesn't like when you eat in it. Especially fast food. Happened twice in a drive through? Seems fairly obvious to me, your trucks looking out for you.

You might have a very good point. I'll have to avoid them that might do the trick. LOL