Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Replacing steering wheel leather

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing steering wheel leather

Have you guys replaced your badly peeling off steering wheel leather wrap?

any brand do you recommend?

something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eErvuUeD7k
Old 09-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Neither of my Tacoma's peeled. But I've just got a mossy oak steering wheel cover on mine
Old 09-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be following up on this. The factory cover has been less than stellar in terms of holding up well in my 08'.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Denk is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Denk's Tacoma Gallery
I had a wheelskins Eurotone in the 90 4Runner. Was great! You must be super meticulous when installing, otherwise, any poor stitches will drive you crazy.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
ONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud ofONALL4 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
ONALL4's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone try redline custom wrap?

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Tacoma95...wheelcover.php
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
I'll vouch for Wheelskins too. I love the extra meat on the wheel because the stock one is so thin.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Had a WheelSkin on my 91 Corolla. Loved it.

Never had an issue with the leather on my factory 07. Still looks brand new. Only clean it with mild soap and water and a very very light coating of Aerospace 303.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine quite a while ago. Mine has held up well.

If you use bent nose needle nose pliers, you can get the stitching really tight.

I usually add a drop of superglue to the knot when I am finished.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
Stretch815 is on a distinguished road

Name: Stretch
Stretch815's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel skins
Good to go
Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for Wheelskins.

And yes...take LOTS of time to get the stiching exactly right.

I like these better than other brands because they are just leather...no poofy foam.

Products Discussed in this Thread