LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

V6 STS kit

Old 03-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Kauaitoyota is on a distinguished road

Kauaitoyota's Tacoma Gallery
V6 STS kit

Any opinions on the STS kit? just a minor question, which is better on Gas? TRD SC or STS? I JUST LOVE TURBOS so im hoping this application is still decent on MPG...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #3

thanks!

thanks!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
There is a guy in Houston that I know that is running the STS kit. he's gone through hell getting the kit to work right. But he's almost there, and that thing is an absolute monster.

We've raced a couple times, once about 2 weeks ago or so, then a couple months or so prior. i pulled on him both times. BUT, he was fighting a sticky waste gate, clogged filter, bad tune and exhaust leak. Which for a remote turbo setup.. is VERY bad. But he has most of those fixed now.. so I'm almost certain he's faster then me now.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
I dont understand the need to consider mpg if you are considering boosting the horsepower.
It seems to me the old addage "if you need to ask, you cant aford it" is mostly always true.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
coffman580 is on a distinguished road
Navy: riverines
coffman580's Tacoma Gallery
sts turbo

would like to hear from anyone running the sts turbo. just perchased one and would like to get the lessons learned from installing to tuning.
v/r coffman380
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know of anyone on here running the sts... check over on www.customtacos.com

There's a lot to learn about turbos, tuning and supporting mods. I'd suggest to start reading ASAP.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #9

Its a simple comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
I dont understand the need to consider mpg if you are considering boosting the horsepower.
It seems to me the old addage "if you need to ask, you cant aford it" is mostly always true.
Do you have either one? if so, i was just asking opinions on them (turbo/SC). Not on my reasoning for asking the question.

thanks for the response regardless.