Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust Opinions???

View Poll Results: Which Exhaust do you prefer/have?
Borla 10 22.73%
MagnaFlow 19 43.18%
FlowMaster 13 29.55%
MBRP 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
"Layed Back" Member
Troyton is on a distinguished road

Name: Troy
Troyton's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Opinions???

With my 2006 V6 4.0 PreRunner, I am considering an exhaust once I have the money, done my research and found that all of them have their different sounds and benefits. Wondering What you all have or recommend?
Attached Thumbnails
Exhaust Opinions???-img_0512.jpg  
Old 10-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Had a flow master 40.... Hated it due to drone, and it rusted from the inside out real fast.

Had a magnaflow after that and loved it.

Now I have the urd mk2 exhaust... I like it
Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I love my magnaflow on the Tahoe. The 2.7 on the Tacoma has a Flowmaster that has quite harsh highway drones and annoys fellow motorists around town. I like it.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler delete. I like it loud
Old 10-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a Borla on mine, sounds great, but loses volume higher in the RPMs
Old 10-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
I love my magnaflow on the Tahoe. The 2.7 on the Tacoma has a Flowmaster that has quite harsh highway drones and annoys fellow motorists around town. I like it.
x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromeo View Post
Ive got a Borla on mine, sounds great, but loses volume higher in the RPMs
same problem with my flowmaster
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Sciomar is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Justin
Sciomar's Tacoma Gallery
After owning both magnaflow and flowmasters on my old trucks and now hearing an aero turbine exhaust I think I'm liking the aero turbine more.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyton View Post
With my 2006 V6 4.0 PreRunner, I am considering an exhaust once I have the money, done my research and found that all of them have their different sounds and benefits. Wondering What you all have or recommend?
I had magnaflow, I've had magnaflow on all my trucks, with that being said my cat fell apart then it got stupid loud so I went back to stock and am so happy now. Its so quite, no cab resonation, no vibration.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow FTW
Old 11-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever you get....get a stainless.

Anything else will probably rust out in 4-6 years.

I had Flowmaster Catback setup for 4 years.... joints rusted after 4 years. I ended up putting OEM back on.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Whatever you get....get a stainless.

Anything else will probably rust out in 4-6 years.

I had Flowmaster Catback setup for 4 years.... joints rusted after 4 years. I ended up putting OEM back on.
good advice
Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
glasspack magnaflow ... love it but its just the muffler.... sounds clips on my build page..

regardless I would stay with magnaflow.. great product and works great on the tacos's GL OP
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
GAH finding the right exhaust is crazy. Especially since ive been ruined by my old silverado. I like the magnaflow but there are so many options.
lets see a 14" or 18" then what size oval 5x8" or a 4x9". What is best to give me the deepest and loudest sound.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Gibson, quiet, low rumble sound at low rpms, no drone at higher rpms. 2.5" piping which is perfect for my TRD blower with stealth pulley I plan to get down the road
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #20

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
Love my Gibson, quiet, low rumble sound at low rpms, no drone at higher rpms. 2.5" piping which is perfect for my TRD blower with stealth pulley I plan to get down the road
I def wouldn't go larger than that while n/a..... Been there with y pipe, long tubes, and 3" mk2 exhaust. Hated driving the truck... And I mean HATED it. Raspy at every rpm except idle, and the tq was up high like a Honda. Great for screaming down the strip maybe, but not for off the line performance or in a situation where u need the truck to GTFO of its own way from a cruising speed/rpm.