JDM is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
What is "YYMV"?
Probably meant YMMV = your mileage may vary
Old 10-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

best? This is what I'm setting up my Taco for the S/C down the road:
Attached Thumbnails
Best cai to go with s/c-20130714_173126.jpg   Best cai to go with s/c-20130714_173154.jpg   Best cai to go with s/c-20130714_173141.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #23
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
I disagree that that setup is 'best' for s/c platforms. I doubt you would see much if any difference on a dyno between this and a typical CAI let along in your pants. That and I just don't like the way they look. I don't think you'll 'lose' any performance per sey but for someone supercharged it's not worth the extra money or space.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Whats wrong with that for a s/c set up?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Whats wrong with that for a s/c set up?
I didn't say anything was wrong with it but it costs more and the gains on a s/c will be negligible if anything. So it's a waste of money of a standard CAI and takes up a lot of space and looks goofy IMO.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I didn't say anything was wrong with it but it costs more and the gains on a s/c will be negligible if anything. So it's a waste of money of a standard CAI and takes up a lot of space and looks goofy IMO.
That looks like a good setup to me I don't care about goofy just proformance how can that be a waster of money if it works?
Attached Thumbnails
Best cai to go with s/c-1.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
That looks like a good setup to me I don't care about goofy just proformance how can that be a waster of money if it works?
I'm not saying it doesn't work so don't put words into my mouth.

The only way I can explain this other than how I've already explained it is that performance adders don't affect forced induction applications the same way that they do naturally aspirated applications. A cold air intake or ram air are both negated by an intercooler & a supercharger or a turbocharger. So you're welcome to buy whatever you want but IMO a typical CAI like what I posted a picture of earlier looks cleaner & costs less and the performance between the two probably won't even be measurable on a dyno let alone felt in the seat-of-the-pants dyno. That's all I'm saying. If you want it, buy whatever you want. It was stated that it would be the 'best' as it applies to the topic of this thread (supercharger) and what I'm saying is that it's not the 'best' and in this case a cheaper & better looking intake would probably be just as 'best' as that one from a performance standpoint.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't work so don't put words into my mouth.

The only way I can explain this other than how I've already explained it is that performance adders don't affect forced induction applications the same way that they do naturally aspirated applications. A cold air intake or ram air are both negated by an intercooler & a supercharger or a turbocharger. So you're welcome to buy whatever you want but IMO a typical CAI like what I posted a picture of earlier looks cleaner & costs less and the performance between the two probably won't even be measurable on a dyno let alone felt in the seat-of-the-pants dyno. That's all I'm saying. If you want it, buy whatever you want. It was stated that it would be the 'best' as it applies to the topic of this thread (supercharger) and what I'm saying is that it's not the 'best' and in this case a cheaper & better looking intake would probably be just as 'best' as that one from a performance standpoint.
Thanks for clarifying I was not trying to put words in your mouth I was asking why you were saying it was a waste of money "if it works" I was trying to ask why it could be a waste and see what your reason was behind it and I got it by reading this post so not to put words in your mouth but your saying theres no difference in a standard cold air intake and the higher performance ones that's an interesting opinion thank you for your input.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying I was not trying to put words in your mouth I was asking why you were saying it was a waste of money "if it works" I was trying to ask why it could be a waste and see what your reason was behind it and I got it by reading this post so not to put words in your mouth but your saying theres no difference in a standard cold air intake and the higher performance ones that's an interesting opinion thank you for your input.
In a supercharged application no there wouldn't be a difference. It would be so negligible (if at all) that it may show up on a dyno (sensitive measuring device) but even if it did you wouldn't feel a difference. That's my point I guess. Even if it was the same price (it's not) I personally wouldn't add it because I like clean engine bay with less clutter and as open as possible. To me it just looks better. The fact that it costs more is even more of a deal breaker for me. Now, if you weren't supercharged and wanted every pony you could get out of your truck you may feel a slight difference in the ram air style intake that was posted. The question was about s/c trucks though and the forced induction & intercooler will negate any benefits you get from that.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #30
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
My bad. I didn't meant to say it's the best. I guess the period after I typed best doesn't comprehend with some readers on TW. I meant to say this is what "I" plan to do to "MY" own truck. This is a opinion the OP could look at and decide for himself. I don't carry if it doesn't have a "clean" or "clutter free" engine bay. I built this truck to "MY" Specification. To OP, build what you want
Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
I got the volant and works great, plus only 230 on ebay. Couldn't justify paying any more than that.