LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New member - Longtube headers not available for 2013+ models?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
TXTacoma2013 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
TXTacoma2013's Tacoma Gallery
New member - Longtube headers not available for 2013+ models?

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum as of today, and I just bought a 2013 double cab tacoma, texas edition with 4WD. I traded my 2007 Access Cab PreRunner in for this new truck because I needed the 4x4 and the double cab for little ones arriving in the near future. I've been a bit disappointed in the throttle response/power on my new truck. I understand the double cab and 4WD add extra weight, but so far my truck seems pretty underpowered. I recently purchased a Volant CAI (not currently installed) and I'm looking for a good set of longtube headers, but it doesn't seem there are any available, aside from the DT "off-road only" headers.

Does anyone know anything about any upcoming longtube headers becoming available in the near future?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 10-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTacoma2013 View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum as of today, and I just bought a 2013 double cab tacoma, texas edition with 4WD. I traded my 2007 Access Cab PreRunner in for this new truck because I needed the 4x4 and the double cab for little ones arriving in the near future. I've been a bit disappointed in the throttle response/power on my new truck. I understand the double cab and 4WD add extra weight, but so far my truck seems pretty underpowered. I recently purchased a Volant CAI (not currently installed) and I'm looking for a good set of longtube headers, but it doesn't seem there are any available, aside from the DT "off-road only" headers.

Does anyone know anything about any upcoming long tube headers becoming available in the near future?

Thanks,

Rob
URD offers these beautifully designed equal length long tube headers...

Old 10-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my thread man I own a 2013 and I get alot of power out of my truck. This tacoma that you purchased is only low in power due to the computer/ecu holding it back. Trust me its a beast when you work on it and it will gladly return the favor: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ta-tacoma.html

Edit: Yes you can get long tube headers for 2013 if you look in the post on my thread I link them later on and it is for "off road use" its up to you on that one feel free to pm if you have any questions man.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD has Thorley and JBA headers that will fit the 2012 and later Tacoma V6.

G
Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
TXTacoma2013 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
TXTacoma2013's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice guys! Since I bought my truck new I'd like to maintain the factory warranty. I'm thinking about going with the volant cai which I already bought, the DT short tube headers, and a Gibson side exit exhaust. Does anyone know if that setup will work?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, that will "work".

URD has the DT shorties in stock ready to ship.

G
Old 10-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Yes, that will "work".

URD has the DT shorties in stock ready to ship.

G
Which headers are better, Doug Thorley or JBA ?

Products Discussed in this Thread