1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member - Longtube headers not available for 2013+ models?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TXTacoma2013, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Oct 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    TXTacoma2013

TXTacoma2013 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2013 dblcab 4x4 4.0
    Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum as of today, and I just bought a 2013 double cab tacoma, texas edition with 4WD. I traded my 2007 Access Cab PreRunner in for this new truck because I needed the 4x4 and the double cab for little ones arriving in the near future. I've been a bit disappointed in the throttle response/power on my new truck. I understand the double cab and 4WD add extra weight, but so far my truck seems pretty underpowered. I recently purchased a Volant CAI (not currently installed) and I'm looking for a good set of longtube headers, but it doesn't seem there are any available, aside from the DT "off-road only" headers.

Does anyone know anything about any upcoming longtube headers becoming available in the near future?

Thanks,

Rob

2. Oct 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    tooter

tooter play every day

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012, std cab, 5 lug, 2.7, 5 speed
    Built for maximum low end torque, tooter II.VII intake manifold spacer, LCE long tube header, Injen long tube intake, 2,900 rpm torque peak.
    URD offers these beautifully designed equal length long tube headers... :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Oct 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Per URD site, they are designed and fit the earlier trucks, 2011 and prior.

PK

4. Oct 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    TripleThreat

TripleThreat Vance@freevancewriting.com

Member:
    First Name:
    They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
    Socal but I am still a southern Florida guy
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma 4x4 slightly modified
    nothing special.... wanna race?
    Heres my thread man I own a 2013 and I get alot of power out of my truck. This tacoma that you purchased is only low in power due to the computer/ecu holding it back. Trust me its a beast when you work on it and it will gladly return the favor: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pe...eyheaders-install-howto-13-toyota-tacoma.html

Edit: Yes you can get long tube headers for 2013 if you look in the post on my thread I link them later on and it is for "off road use" its up to you on that one feel free to pm if you have any questions man.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  5. Oct 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    URD has Thorley and JBA headers that will fit the 2012 and later Tacoma V6.

G

6. Oct 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    TXTacoma2013

TXTacoma2013 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2013 dblcab 4x4 4.0
    Thanks for the advice guys! Since I bought my truck new I'd like to maintain the factory warranty. I'm thinking about going with the volant cai which I already bought, the DT short tube headers, and a Gibson side exit exhaust. Does anyone know if that setup will work?

7. Oct 25, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Yes, that will "work".

URD has the DT shorties in stock ready to ship.

G

8. Oct 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    J0HN_R1

J0HN_R1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75" FR, Deaver 1.5" TSB leafs RR, SpiderTrax 1" spacers, custom LED interior & bed lights, 2005 4Runner Sport 17" wheels powder coated satin black
    Which headers are better, Doug Thorley or JBA ?

:confused:

9. Oct 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    To me, the DTLT's are because the primaries are made out of 304 SS. Whereas the JBA's are not.

The JBA's also use there own special flange gasket, while the DT use the OEM dual layer steel gaskets, which are better as well IMO.

Other than that, the are very similarly designed.

Products Discussed in

To Top