1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Mods

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 2014TSS, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Oct 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    2014TSS

2014TSS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TSS 4x4
    Step Tubes Grill Guard In-Channel Window Deflectors Bug Guard K&N CAI (63-9037)
    Hello all, first time poster, long time reader here. I had a 2006 PreRunner for 7 years or 110k miles, whichever way you want to look at it, and when it came time to scratch the itch of a new vehicle I decided that the same truck, except for 4WD this time, would be perfect. I felt I knew the truck and motor well since I had the previous truck, my wife drives a 4Runner (2006 and now a 2011 we picked up 2 years ago), which both had the exact same 4.0L motors I assume.

My 2014 TSS 4x4 came in a few days ago and I want to "make it mine" so to speak. I ordered one with the SR5 package for the stereo and color-matched flares and bumpers from factory. The truck is white, for reference.

I've put on a set of step tubes and a brush / bull guard (both in flat black), AVS vents, and have a rock / bug deflector ordered. I guess I'm done for now with the appearance mods as the stock TSS wheels are pretty sweet IMO and the factory tires seem to be good as well. Maybe raise it up a couple inches later but not for now. May also look into a chrome grill, the stock one I have has very little chrome and the rest is black...looks a little too "plasticy" to me.

Now I'm looking into small bolt-ons for the engine. I've seen alot of talk about CAI and whether or not they actually increase HP or MPG either but I like the sound they produce. I haven't really heard much about CAI combined with TB spacers and/or exhausts...any insight here as far as power gains combined with these mods? Will the CAI and other mods made for 2012-2013 models work with the 2014 model as well?

Also, does this Entune radio have factory "outs" for amp for amp & subs?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Oct 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    For one you will need a supercharger for real power gains. What entune do you have? Oh and for a lift go with bilatein 5100s up front to level it out

Products Discussed in

To Top