Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Digital or analog Gauges?!

View Poll Results: Analog or Digital?
Analog Air to Fuel 7 31.82%
Digital Air to Fuel 15 68.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
TRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to beholdTRD2006 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
TRD2006's Tacoma Gallery
Digital or analog Gauges?!

Im looking at getting a set of gauges for when I do my turbo build, I really like the look of the Autometer gauges, but I'm torn between getting a digital or analog wideband air to fuel gauge. The boost gauge I think I'm going to go with is the analog.
Analog Air to Fuel...

Digital Air to Fuel...

Boost Gauge...

All input is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Digital or analog Gauges?!-wideband-analog.jpg   Digital or analog Gauges?!-wideband-digital.jpg   Digital or analog Gauges?!-boost-gauge.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the ability to take a quick glance at the guage and comprehend what is happening, analog. If you want to look, see the number, and internalize what it means, or to just get a more exact reading, digital.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely digital, Its what I run on my turbo car.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Analog for inside of a vehicle.

Much easier to quickly process mentally.
Digital requires you to read and comprehend the number, then consider where on the scale it is, good or bad.
Analog is right there... you know where "good" is on the scale.

Digital is better for bench equipment where you are taking the time to fine-tune something, but when driving, speed of comprehension is key.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
AWilson013 is on a distinguished road

Army: Boom
Name: Alex
AWilson013's Tacoma Gallery
I run AEM's line of Digital gauges. They look awesome, work even better, and have an "analog" side to them as well.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...fuel-gauge-25/

http://www.aemelectronics.com/transm...e-100-300f-764

http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges...oost-gauge-45/

I run their Wideband A/F, Boost, and Trans Temp
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I use a digital for AF/R and analog for Vaccum/boost.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
I used analog for both, only because I wanted them to match tho. I will say you might like the digital AFR more, but either is fine. Here is a pic of what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Digital or analog Gauges?!-imag0723.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWilson013 View Post
I run AEM's line of Digital gauges. They look awesome, work even better, and have an "analog" side to them as well.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...fuel-gauge-25/

http://www.aemelectronics.com/transm...e-100-300f-764

http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges...oost-gauge-45/

I run their Wideband A/F, Boost, and Trans Temp
^^^^^^^^
What Wilson said...best of both worlds...Gadget over at URD sells the Cravenspeed Dual 52 mm Flex Pods that holds them perfectly...
http://urdusa.com/p1260519003/FlexPo...duct_info.html
Old 11-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #10
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
AEM wideband with digital readout and colored "sweep" for quick reading.

Full analog boost gauge (personal preference).

wideband is same AEM listed above (AEM 30-4100 UEGO), its just not wired in when I took this pic

autometer analog boost