Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

5vz-fe Supercharger 7th injector A/F?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
5vz-fe Supercharger 7th injector A/F?

I have a 1989 4runner running a 5vz out of a tacoma. I have the 2nd gen black S/C and I am running the URD 7th injector kit. My Question is what is a normal A/F ration reading while cruising. I believe I am running lean. Under boost it drops down to 11 on my wideband but is a 14-15 while cruising. I can't figure out why. Any Ideas?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
PM jberry. He knows his shit with this stuff.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
So turns out my URD controller was wired incorrectly. I found the Directions on what needs to be wired but its for a 2002 tacoma and my motor is out of a 96. So I found the pin configuration and cross referenced them. The only question is. i can not find the Air fuel sensor pin to the ECU. The only ones for my ECU or heated oxygen sensor 1 and 2. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
So turns out my URD controller was wired incorrectly. I found the Directions on what needs to be wired but its for a 2002 tacoma and my motor is out of a 96. So I found the pin configuration and cross referenced them. The only question is. i can not find the Air fuel sensor pin to the ECU. The only ones for my ECU or heated oxygen sensor 1 and 2. Any ideas?
Gadget at URD. You can even message him here or call him. Hes a stud.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
trdtoy is on a distinguished road
trdtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
I have a 1989 4runner running a 5vz out of a tacoma. I have the 2nd gen black S/C and I am running the URD 7th injector kit. My Question is what is a normal A/F ration reading while cruising. I believe I am running lean. Under boost it drops down to 11 on my wideband but is a 14-15 while cruising. I can't figure out why. Any Ideas?
14.7:1 in closed loop cruising is normal. 11's under boost with some throttle(open loop) good. Not sure why you think you have a problem unless you are trying to tune afrs richer in closed loop/cruising/part throttle.