LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need Advice From Supercharger People

Old 11-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Need Advice From Supercharger People

Tomorrow morning I am going to look at a supercharger I found on Craigslist. It's the second Gen for the 3.4L. The deal is too sweet to pass up. What I need to know is what are some things that I need to look for? Like signs that I shouldn't get it. Obvious stuff like cracks mean I need to pass on it but what are other things I need to look for? I'm driving an hour and a half in the morning so the quicker the replies the better. Thanks!
Also, it came stock on the truck it came off of with grandpa miles on it.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 11-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for knowledge bank
Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
trdtoy is on a distinguished road
trdtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Check overall physical condition like scratches or worn areas paint/coating ect. Also see if allen head bolt on front of sc has been removed usually noted by a break of paint mark between bolt head and sc itself. This may tell you if sc oil has been changed. Also see if there is any play in sc shaft. Also make sure it spins by hand. How many miles and what kind of deal you getting?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I'd call Gadget at URD.
He's got experience with em.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
Check overall physical condition like scratches or worn areas paint/coating ect. Also see if allen head bolt on front of sc has been removed usually noted by a break of paint mark between bolt head and sc itself. This may tell you if sc oil has been changed. Also see if there is any play in sc shaft. Also make sure it spins by hand. How many miles and what kind of deal you getting?
I bought it. It has about 144xxx miles I think
Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
trdtoy is on a distinguished road
trdtoy's Tacoma Gallery
At a minimal it will need oil change in snout but ideal would be rebuild/replace worn parts for reliability. If you need help with install, tuning, troubleshooting, ect let me know. Congrats on the purchase. What kinda deal you get on it?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
If it's not broken or covered in filthy oil, I would think you're good to go. Now find bigger injectors, exhaust and a fuel pump. God's speed.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
At a minimal it will need oil change in snout but ideal would be rebuild/replace worn parts for reliability. If you need help with install, tuning, troubleshooting, ect let me know. Congrats on the purchase. What kinda deal you get on it?
$550, I'm missing a belt, the gaskets, and maybe a few bolts not sure. It had a trd 7th injector on it (found that out because the fuel line and wire harness came with it). Also, came with a boost gauge.
http://hickory.craigslist.org/ptd/4173501503.html