1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

program ecu?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by jtaco, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    jtaco

jtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07,trdOR,DC,4x4,v6,saw2.5s,OMEdakars,LRarms
    saw2.5s,AEMshortair,skyjackershocks,LRa-arms,OME dakars,Alpine,JL audio 6x9 3 way in front doors
    any way i can re flash my ecu with original file if so where do i get this file for my particular tacoma and what software do i need? ATT: cant get file off of mine because it got wet.

2. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think its got to be done at the dealer...

3. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:07 PM
    jtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    saw2.5s,AEMshortair,skyjackershocks,LRa-arms,OME dakars,Alpine,JL audio 6x9 3 way in front doors
    thats exactly what im tryin to AVOID, lol

4. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    BUK 0H5

BUK 0H5 Still For Sale

Member:
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 2.7L Manual AccessCab SR5 PreRunner
    Removed Mud Flaps, Suspension TSB, 5100's all around, JVC KW-AVX710 Head Unit with Metra surround.
    I have an EEPROM burner but I'm willing to bet the EEPROMs are soldered on the ECU. If they aren't, or you are confident in your soldering/desoldering skills then I could get the Binary file from another chip and clone it, but I wouldn't have the right program to translate the code to anything useful for tuning. Does anyone know if the Toyota ECUs have a port on the back like Ford ECUs do?

5. Mar 13, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    jtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    i dont want to tune it, i got mine wet, so i found another one exact model ecu as mine, but im pretty sure im gonna have to program it to my truck or at least the keys to it. or does anyone know exactly what i would have to do to it since its same model as mine.i dont mind desoldering the eeprom out of old one when i get the ecu. ill check it out and see what type it is .i have to go get it though.

6. Mar 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    BUK 0H5

BUK 0H5 Still For Sale

Member:
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 2.7L Manual AccessCab SR5 PreRunner
    Removed Mud Flaps, Suspension TSB, 5100's all around, JVC KW-AVX710 Head Unit with Metra surround.
    Usually the key codes are stored in another computer not the ECU. Usually the PCM. I think you should be fine as long as you are using the same computer as the one you took out. If you are trying to use a computer for a manual on an automatic you will probably not be able to do that easily if at all.

How wet did you get you ECU anyway. usually they are sealed pretty well. I know the Ford ECUs I have taken apart have a clear waxy coating on all of the components to prevent moisture from getting to them. Are you sure your ECU is fubar?

7. Mar 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    jtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yea im sure it is fubared. it sat under water overnight.truck was tilted to the rt side the engine didnt even get wet , the water was at a level height rt before touching my aem intake.
    yea i was thinkin that the keys are not in the ecu(the security system) or unlock lock remote codes to the remote. because i could still use remote.but im thinkin im gonna need to reflash this new ecu when it gets here. now some keys are and some arent , the new ones are in the ecu. but i have an 07 and i think in the middle of 07 is when they intergrated them into the ecu.
    so does anyone know if i got the same exact model ecu , whether there could be a difference in transmission like it be a manual when my truck is auto?

8. Aug 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    enigmatic

enigmatic New Member

Member:
    decatur Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 xtra cab
    3 inch lift kit, retractable antenna, kenwood 6" screen with reverse cam, leather seats,
    hi, i have a similar issue where my ecu got water damaged, i was able to get an exact salvaged replacement, however after programming the my old key to the new (used) ecu, engine starts and shuts off within 3-5 seconds. were you able to solve your issue?

9. Aug 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    What year truck do you have?

Is there something unusual about your ECU that you need that particular calibration file as opposed the the standard one that Toyota programs into it?

G

Products Discussed in

To Top