Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance Off road Brakes

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Off road Brakes

Hey,

Looking at getting a nice set of front brakes (rears later). Came across these (see below). Was wondering if anyone had input on these or a better front brake system. Also, is this something easy to do in the garage myself or should I have a shop do it (ive done my own front and rear susp swap, thats about the most technical thing ive done aside from bolt on stuff). ANY help is appreciated, just looking for a good quality product!

http://www.buybrakes.com/p-994-ebc-s...20Lug%20Wheels
Old 11-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the ebc stage 5 kit for a few months now and love em.

Combined with steel braided lines, and abs kill switch, it stops quite freaking well.
Abs rlly kills ur stopping power.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I check them out, and talked to the technical chat person on the website and they offered some good feedback and more on the difference between both. Were they hard to install? and should I get improved brakelines or leave 'em stock?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootter14 View Post
Thanks. I check them out, and talked to the technical chat person on the website and they offered some good feedback and more on the difference between both. Were they hard to install? and should I get improved brakelines or leave 'em stock?
I won't bullshit ya, I do not mess with brakes myself

I had them installed, but I had no questions from the guys. I just made sure to walk over to the lift and verify the correct rotors were set on the lift next to the proper side of the truck to ensure correct rotation. Then double checked once I got truck back.

It may be psychosomatic, but I swear the pedal felt firmer and more consistent after the brake lines were installed. I had the lines installed at another time in an effort to try and appreciate any change they made by themselves.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
cosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
cosmicfires's Tacoma Gallery
I've replaced brake callipers, cylinders, rotors and drums and master cylinders. It wasn't hard but I'm adventurous. Always replace springs when you replace brake shoes.

The only problems I've had were leaking rebuilt cylinders. I buy rebuilt parts, didn't rebuild them.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty easy deal to install. There's a great youtube video on the install. I installed these about a year ago and love them.

http://m.autoanything.com//brakes/61A5871A0A0.aspx

I also installed toytec braided steel lines front and back (had them installed though).

Products Discussed in this Thread