Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

By By Ethanol (I hope)

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
By By Ethanol (I hope)

The numbers behind the ethanol mandate have become so unworkable that, for the first time, the EPA is soon expected to reduce the amount of ethanol required to be added to the gasoline supply. An unusual coalition of big oil companies, environmental groups and food companies is pushing the government to go even further and reconsider the entire ethanol program.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...mental.Damage/

What a waste of time and money. Should of never been mandated in the first place. Ive personally seen it cause thousands of dollars in damage to boat and RV tanks.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
This would be great. I know that the price of corn has started to fall some. around this time last year a #50 bag of corn was $12 now its down to around $9
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
This would be great. I know that the price of corn has started to fall some. around this time last year a #50 bag of corn was $12 now its down to around $9

It was doomed from the beginning. Even the Brazilians were laughing their asses off at us for pushing to use our food supply for energy. Since the 70's they have been running grass ethanol.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I hope they get rid of it. The 10% Ethanol gas that stations have down here in florida tear up small engines and boats. and to get the non ethanol is about $4/gal instead of 3. and thats only when the two places my area have it in stock.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
I hope they get rid of it. The 10% Ethanol gas that stations have down here in florida tear up small engines and boats. and to get the non ethanol is about $4/gal instead of 3. and thats only when the two places my area have it in stock.
It's not even available for re-sale in my state. Ive looked everywhere high and low from airports to racetracks. I just wanted a few gallons for my small engines.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well technically its not food grade corn that is being used so we're not really using are food supply. On the other hand if there wasnt so much of a percentage of this corn used in gasoline, then there would be more open farm land to grow a better grade of corn than can be used for human consumption.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well technically its not food grade corn that is being used so we're not really using are food supply. On the other hand if there wasnt so much of a percentage of this corn used in gasoline, then there would be more open farm land to grow a better grade of corn than can be used for human consumption.
The government is giving away money to farmers who switch over. To me that's a direct impact on our food supply, but I get what you mean. I should of stated it differently.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
Drive it like a 4WD

Oh trust me its a program that needs to be completely abandoned. I'm gonna go on ahead and stop now before i go on a tangent about how i feel about this wonderful government we have
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
It's not even available for re-sale in my state. Ive looked everywhere high and low from airports to racetracks. I just wanted a few gallons for my small engines.
There are only two car gas stations that have it near me. All the other places that have it are in marinas at 4.85 per gallon.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Drive it like a 4WD

we have a few gas stations around that sell 100% gas (well that what they advertise). for about 10-20 cents more a gallon
Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I heard this on the radio this morning. Soo excited, this would mean my small engines will finally run right WITHOUT having to add a shit ton of fuel additives
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
we have a few gas stations around that sell 100% gas (well that what they advertise). for about 10-20 cents more a gallon
I wish the places near me were like that, they charge 80 cents more per gallon
Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
Drive it like a 4WD

So here is a question if the 100% gas costs more is the price of gas going to go up with the banning or reduction of ethanol additives?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So here is a question if the 100% gas costs more is the price of gas going to go up with the banning or reduction of ethanol additives?
Yes.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Drive it like a 4WD

That kinda blows well more than kinda. 100% gas is much better so it may equal out.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Like someone already stated, careful what you ask for... Removing ethanol only makes them have to use "other" oxygenates for the fuel, as the requirement for this type of fuel has not been relaxed for most major metro areas. Given that no one is spending much R&D toward non-ethanol oxygenates, $$$$/gal go up.