1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Borla exhaust mod

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Toyota Tacoma, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Nov 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Hey guys.

So last weekend I went out wheeling with the fellas and went over a log that was at a 45 or so angle across the trail. As my back end went over I could hear my Tip hit and push the pipe up enough to hit my leafs. No real damage or anything but still a dent in the pipe. Just kinda annoying knowing its probably going to happen again.

So I came up with this I thought I'd share. It's nothing special and easy to do. Just stops the possibility of squishing your exhaust or your rear quarter panel and makes the exhaust a bit louder and more throaty. Took me about 45 mins from start to finish.

Just pull off the rear section of your exhaust (15 mill deep socket) took me a bit of wiggling to get it to come off.

Once its off I cut the pipe just past the bend over the axle, and right where the tip welds on.

Then with that section removed, I just tac'd the tip on to where I wanted it, test fitted and welded it out.

I can grab a sound clip if anyone wants just let me know. It's an awesome sound, throaty and a bit louder. Looks sweet from behind too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nov 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    tooter

tooter play every day

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012, std cab, 5 lug, 2.7, 5 speed
    Built for maximum low end torque, tooter II.VII intake manifold spacer, LCE long tube header, Injen long tube intake, 2,900 rpm torque peak.
    That's a practical idea. :)
    I did exactly the same thing you did, except with the stock exhaust and a chrome tip I got off ebay.

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top