Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Disappointed with TRD Exhaust

Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 AM   #21
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
exhaust and intake on are trucks are worthless.
Meh. The stock intake is good enough with a good air filter. I Bought my Magnaflow muffler mainly for sound. I'm happy with it. For $70 the enjoyment I get from it was more than worth it.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #22
Smooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud ofSmooth Operator has much to be proud of
Marines: 0331 / 0341
Name: G
Smooth Operator's Tacoma Gallery
What about snorkels? Are they useless, since thats a type of intake.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #23
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS TRD View Post
Let me preface this by saying that this was sort of an impulsive purchase and although I did do some research on the TRD exhaust I should have maybe waited and heard it in person.

Today I purchased a TRD exhaust for my 14 DCSB and I was surprised by the sound. Since I hadn't heard the exhaust before I really don't know what I was expecting but that wasn't it. At highway speeds it sounds good but driving around the city it seems to drone or resonate a little too much for my liking. Hopefully the exhaust tone changes within the next few hundred miles if not I may have to go back to stock.

UPDATE 11/29
I've drove approximately 600 miles since installing the TRD exhaust and I must admit that it's sounding a lot better. It has a good sound at low RPMs and low noise at highway speeds. I drove from Vegas to LA yesterday and the drive wasn't loud at at all. At this point I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in an aftermarket exhaust.

Mine came with it off the lot. It took some getting used to but, I'm okay with it 2+ years and 65,000+ miles later.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #24
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS TRD View Post
Let me preface this by saying that this was sort of an impulsive purchase and although I did do some research on the TRD exhaust I should have maybe waited and heard it in person.

Today I purchased a TRD exhaust for my 14 DCSB and I was surprised by the sound. Since I hadn't heard the exhaust before I really don't know what I was expecting but that wasn't it. At highway speeds it sounds good but driving around the city it seems to drone or resonate a little too much for my liking. Hopefully the exhaust tone changes within the next few hundred miles if not I may have to go back to stock.

UPDATE 11/29
I've drove approximately 600 miles since installing the TRD exhaust and I must admit that it's sounding a lot better. It has a good sound at low RPMs and low noise at highway speeds. I drove from Vegas to LA yesterday and the drive wasn't loud at at all. At this point I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in an aftermarket exhaust.

I hope this is the case because this thing is a little too loud for me.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #26
Mall crawling like a boss
Twinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwinkie0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Infantry 3/3 I. CO.
Name: Chris
Twinkie0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking View Post
I hope this is the case because this thing is a little too loud for me.
Yeah I thought it was a little loud too, but then again all I had were sound clips to compare it to. But I'm happy with it. TRD exhaust makes driving that much more fun now.