Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Will an Exhaust tip make your truck louder?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
[quote=Vincent;471625]Thanks guys. Now, which tip should i get? i'm thinkin of recycling some cans today hahah and using that money to get a tip.

Has the price of cans risen from $0.25 a pound?
I wanna buy a new AR15 with my crushed cans
Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #22
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
i just talk to guys from magnaflow and flowmaster.

Magnaflow said: Tips won't make a change at all and are plainly cosmetic

Flowmaster said: gave me a novel. and said 40 series flowmaster is the worst sounding muffler available (honest guy) He also gave me the same lecture as you did (Xrunner) and told me about acoustics and diameter..

But he couldnt answer my question on whether or not the resonated tips they sell at pepboys would have the same affect as buying one online from Magnaflow for 100+ bucks.

im so close to getting up and buying a resonated tip from pep boys right now.
Look up Hooker exhaust tips. They should have something that fits your needs just right.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #23
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Name: Vincent
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Bassetdad;471984]
Quote:
Thanks guys. Now, which tip should i get? i'm thinkin of recycling some cans today hahah and using that money to get a tip.

Has the price of cans risen from $0.25 a pound?
I wanna buy a new AR15 with my crushed cans
a place by my house has their price listed at 1.70 a pound

and i got a whole lotta cans.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #24
Vincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really niceVincent is just really nice
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Look up Hooker exhaust tips. They should have something that fits your needs just right.

thanks now..which size, i got 2.5 piping..do i go for the 3inch inlet?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks now..which size, i got 2.5 piping..do i go for the 3inch inlet?
I would think that would be a good size. its a matter of preference at this point. What do you want to see?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #26
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
just weld a coffee can to it an be done with it.

sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #28
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
No, not that one, I need it to support my new Toy.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
haha..keep your can. haha save up your pennies!

well i've decided not to go with a RESONATED tip..
i'll be paying 65 dollars out the door....angled cut, rolled.

inlet 2.5-outlet 3.5

thanks for all the input and feedback
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #30
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:

a place by my house has their price listed at 1.70 a pound

and i got a whole lotta cans.
where???

last time i went to ralphs on ventura / winnetka i diddnt get SHIT! I'm willing to drive 10 mins to wherever you're talkin about!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #31
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I thought tips were just for cosmetic reasons. I don't have one but will get one. The paint on the bedside located near the exhaust is starting to turn colors from the heat. The clear coat is darker in color now, service guy at my local Toyota dealership said a tip should help that problem. Anyone else here with indigo ink pearl having that problem?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #32
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
i got my tip done for less than i thought. 40 out the door. it's just a slash cut tip..13inche length, 2.5 in. 3.5 out.. sounds really deep now.
i drove into an underground parking lot, and set off a good amount of alarms off. ( that's the only time i'd ever do that ) then i drove past my neighbors mustang and set of his alarm, i didnt know he had an alarm either. i wasn't able to do this before the tip was installed.

Im itching to buy a resonated tip though.. i dont feel satisfied just yet.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #33
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
the reason I got the NON RESONATED tip is because the guy at the muffler shop said that.. " you don't want a RESONATED TIP on your truck because you have 2.5 piping, and the Inlet of this tip is 3. It won't make a difference unless you had 3 inch piping"

He was a real nice guy, but I think i just went out and burnt some money.

now my question is, couldn't he have made an adapter of some sort and make the tip fit?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #35
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the reason I got the NON RESONATED tip is because the guy at the muffler shop said that.. " you don't want a RESONATED TIP on your truck because you have 2.5 piping, and the Inlet of this tip is 3. It won't make a difference unless you had 3 inch piping"

He was a real nice guy, but I think i just went out and burnt some money.

now my question is, couldn't he have made an adapter of some sort and make the tip fit?
Why not just get a 2.5" inlet tip that is resonated?

Not sure if this is your look but.

2.5" inlet. 4" out, rolled/straight, resonated.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Or here's a 2.5" in, dual 3" out, slant, resonated.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
the hooker single outlet looks good, i checked that out already.

thanks for your help.. i already dropped money on this exhaust.. im gonna stick with the exhaust for a while.. unless someone can make a video for me or find a video and let me hear the difference between a resonated and non resonated tip.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #37
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need a whistle tip.

WOOO WOOOOOO
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #38
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
They don't do a thing. I've had a tip for the whole 14 years I've owned mine and not a damned difference.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #39
Vincent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
They don't do a thing. I've had a tip for the whole 14 years I've owned mine and not a damned difference.
a resonated tip? or just just a non resonated tip?