Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How often do you change your oil?

Old 12-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Ya same here...I do it within 50 miles of the 5,000 mark. Although one time I miscalculated with my 33s (don't have a Scanguage) and was 250 miles before the 5,000 mark. oh well
Old 12-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
every 3-4k with Mobile 1 full synthetic and Toyota filters
Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Psh, I don't calculate for the larger tires, I just go by the odo. It makes life easier for me.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Thats a happy engine!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Psh, I don't calculate for the larger tires, I just go by the odo. It makes life easier for me.
Ya know, I never thought about checking my actual miles vs when the 5k light comes on..... Glad u brought that up!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
well not taco yet but as of right now every 5k with M1 full synthetic and wix filter
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #27
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Ya know, I never thought about checking my actual miles vs when the 5k light comes on..... Glad u brought that up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
^^^ Ya same here...I do it within 50 miles of the 5,000 mark. Although one time I miscalculated with my 33s (don't have a Scanguage) and was 250 miles before the 5,000 mark. oh well
This guy brought it up, I just reiterated. It's worth it to me just to change at the 5k mark, the truck didn't actually travel the full 5k miles before the change either so I'm good both ways.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #28
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I do like to see what MPGs i'm getting...it's like a little game for me so I do calculate that every time I fill up
Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #29
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
I do like to see what MPGs i'm getting...it's like a little game for me so I do calculate that every time I fill up
I calc my MPGs every fill up but I don't compensate for the larger tires. It's really going to be off when I go to 35s.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #30

So you must be getting like 20 MPGs + woo hoo!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #31
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

We're on the same page.

Mobil 1 Syn and a Fram filter every 3,500 miles.

I also drilled the oil drain plug and installed a strong magnet. It's surprising how many super fine iron particles it pulls out of the circulating oil.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #32
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
We're on the same page.

Mobil 1 Syn and a Fram filter every 3,500 miles.

I also drilled the oil drain plug and installed a strong magnet. It's surprising how many super fine iron particles it pulls out of the circulating oil.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #33
Ecip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ecip's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe you guys would change your oil at 3500 miles when using Mobil1. Total waste of money. You could do 10000 miles and change ur filter every 5000. If you do an oil analysis after 16000 km it would still show lots of detergents left.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Shawn View Post
With synthetic 4000-5000 miles.
you realize that synthetic is formulated to go 15k between changes if you really wanted to push it right?

change mine every 10k castrol 5w30 synthetic and a frame. No internal issues have 172k on the odometer.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #35
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecip View Post
I can't believe you guys would change your oil at 3500 miles when using Mobil1. Total waste of money. You could do 10000 miles and change ur filter every 5000. If you do an oil analysis after 16000 km it would still show lots of detergents left.
Peace of mind is worth $50.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #36
Ecip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ecip's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=2921817
Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #37
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Peace of mind is worth $50.
damn if you are just going to throw money away I will set up a paypal that you can donate to when ever you want.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #38
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
damn if you are just going to throw money away I will set up a paypal that you can donate to when ever you want.
I believe in hard work to get what you want not hand me outs.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #40
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
I believe in hard work to get what you want not hand me outs.

LMAO, I believe in not throwing money away. So whenever you want to sign up I will link you