Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How often do you change your oil?

Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #41
Ecip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ecip's Tacoma Gallery
You should seriously consider using Dino oil if you change every 5000 miles or less. You're pissing in your own boot.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #42
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
LMAO, I believe in not throwing money away. So whenever you want to sign up I will link you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecip View Post
You should seriously consider using Dino oil if you change every 5000 miles or less. You're pissing in your own boot.
Pssssssh. Plenty of people derp and spend more money than that on less important factors. Maintenance isn't skimped out on my truck by any means, if someone wants to change their oil every 5k and synthetic costs $20 more than regular dino oil I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. You can debate and argue all day but in the end I'm not changing my maintenance schedule, or what I use for it. Phil, you got a 5 lug truck, the maintenance on it cost like $10 anyway
Old 12-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #43
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Phil, you got a 5 lug truck, the maintenance on it cost like $10 anyway
LOL, if only that were a true statement. Then again my babies been pretty good to Daddy. Only a radiator, pump, clutch, for major replacements in 172,000 miles.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #44
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Peace of mind is worth $50.
x2
Old 12-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #45
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Peace of mind is worth $50.
cept I could change my iridium plugs for 50 bucks and do my oil change.......
Old 12-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #46
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cept I could change my iridium plugs for 50 bucks and do my oil change.......
I also change my plugs every 25k instead of 30k.. please reprimand me at once.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #47
Peanut butter mini time

Fuck me do you waste a lot of money, your bank account homes.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I also change my plugs every 25k instead of 30k.. please reprimand me at once.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #49
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fuck me do you waste a lot of money, your bank account homes.
I bring $5 bills to the strip club too.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #50
Peanut butter mini time

Well that's just being stingy, daddy rolls in with dem Jackson, as I too work for a living
Old 12-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #51
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Wat. You pay with $20s, I've walked in to a strip club and a girl paid me for a lap dance once.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #52

This thread just got shitty
Old 12-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #53
Peanut butter mini time

You dont have to lie to kick it.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #54
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
This thread just got shitty
You're right. Sorry for the spam! I've said my peace.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #55
Ecip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEcip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ecip's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not suggesting to anyone to skimp on their maintenance, but like the other guy said, I'll set up a PayPal Donation so u can send me all the money ur wasting lol.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #56
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I factor time into my oil changes to every 6 months. Because I don't put a lot of miles on my truck, but have a lot of start stop cycles as the truck is used for work in a small local community. I consider this severe service and so shorten the intervals accordingly.

Greg
Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #57

Ecip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I factor time into my oil changes to every 6 months. Because I don't put a lot of miles on my truck, but have a lot of start stop cycles as the truck is used for work in a small local community. I consider this severe service and so shorten the intervals accordingly.

Greg
You should do an oil analysis next oil change and see where ur tbn is at, gasoline in the fuel, etc. I bet you could drastically increase your oil change intervals and save a buck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Base_Number

I think it's a good idea for everyone to educated themselves of how oil wears and why we need to change it. Decreasing the waste of this hazardous product can only be a good thing.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #58
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Non synthetic is best for 3000 miles. 5000 should be synthetic. And no more than 5000, otherwise your filter is suffering.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #59
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should do an oil analysis next oil change and see where ur tbn is at, gasoline in the fuel, etc. I bet you could drastically increase your oil change intervals and save a buck.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Base_Number

I think it's a good idea for everyone to educated themselves of how oil wears and why we need to change it. Decreasing the waste of this hazardous product can only be a good thing.

I don't mind lavishing extra care on my work truck because it makes lots of money for me. I do the oil changes myself so there's no labor cost. And recycling used oil doesn't hurt the environment.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #60
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Hey get this, you're going to die rolling on the ground laughing...😅😅
I use Amsoil and change my oil every 25k or year whenever comes first.
I use the stock Denso oil filter and change that every time the maintaince lite comes on.
I'm just a lazy cracker... I don't give a mother fuck if it is expensive.😬