Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How often do you change your oil?

Old 12-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
DylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shedDylansBase is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DylansBase's Tacoma Gallery
How often do you change your oil?

I have a 05 DCSB 4.0 V6 and I change my oil every 3,000 miles with mobile 1 full synthetic. I've been told I could wait 5-7000 miles. How often do you change it and what do you use?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
I went 7500miles on Mobil-1 and Blackstone oil recommended for me to try 8500 after doing the analysis.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
I went 7500miles on Mobil-1 and Blackstone oil recommended for me to try 8500 after doing the analysis.
Interesting . Is that normal driving conditions low dirt miles ? I usually go 5,000 on M1 0-20w
Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery
With synthetic 4000-5000 miles.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Interesting . Is that normal driving conditions low dirt miles ? I usually go 5,000 on M1 0-20w
Few wheeling trips and mainly country roads and highway miles.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
qnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shedqnyla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

qnyla's Tacoma Gallery
7.5k to 12k depending on how long it takes to find a convenient weekend. Mobil 1 EP 5W30.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery

Cheap insurance
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Mobile 1 full synthetic. 6000 change filter and top off. 12000 full oil change and repeat. mostly road miles except during deer season. I've got 9000 on my oil now and it looks like I have 2000. Keep it clean and it will last.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnyla View Post
7.5k to 12k depending on how long it takes to find a convenient weekend. Mobil 1 EP 5W30.
I'd say the guy with 350k miles has somewhat of a say-so in this matter.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Varies upon many things ultimately.

I figure with my driving and upgrades, sooner is better for me.

Ymmv literally..... I'd like to have a 300ish HP grocery getter last me a long time.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Every 3,000 religiously. Doesn't cost much and only takes 20min.

As a result, my engine looked new inside when I pulled the valve covers at 140,XXX

http://s413.photobucket.com/user/swi...49b94.mp4.html

Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
This is the kind of info I like to see ^
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I change mine every 5,000 as per recommendations in the owners manual. M1 Full Synthetic 5W30
Old 12-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #18

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
Every 3,000 religiously. Doesn't cost much and only takes 20min.

As a result, my engine looked new inside when I pulled the valve covers at 140,XXX

http://s413.photobucket.com/user/swi...49b94.mp4.html

Ya know what, so did my girls 99 Mitsubishi mirage.... Did a timing belt and a few other things, the damn thing looked like new. We change that oil every 3k with Dino 5w30 and a filter anything besides fram.
At 170ish K, it looked spotless..... My buddy was impressed.... I'll see if we got pics.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
This is the kind of info I like to see ^
Large, what about you bud? When do you change your oil
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Large, what about you bud? When do you change your oil

Every 5k, usually within 50 miles of the 5k mark as well.