1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD exhaust or dual?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BBell, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Feb 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    BBell

BBell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma TX
    2013 Tacoma TX 4.0 6 Speed Manual Volant CAI and air scoop Volant throttle body spacer DigiFit Weathertech Kevlar Seat Covers - Grey Interior LEDs Fab Fours PreRunner Bumper Body Armor Rock Sliders Painted radiator Rigid Industries 3x3 D2's DTL lighting kit Rigid Grill and 20" SLR2 light bar Plasti- badges Plasti- front grille surround Plasti- rear bumper MATT black rear taillights Night Raider rear LED light bar :D
    My 13' Taco TX came with the TRD cat back. Not too shabby but I of course am striving for more performance and better sound. Already looking into Doug Thorley headers, a new MAFI sensor and to complete the package, possibly a dual exhaust.
    So here's the ?
    When looking at pricing, my "stock" TRD cat back is high to mid in comparison to MBRB dual exhaust. Am I downgrading in quality and performance by going to a dual exhaust? Or should I just stick with new headers and keep the TRD exhaust?

2. Feb 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Dont forget the premium paid for the trd stamp on it..... In the end tho, the trd is made by bosal I believe. Trd doesnt make anything, they award contracts to actual manufacturers. So part of the price is just the name.

Dual exhaust is up to you.... U could always mess with a different muffler and keep the trd piping since its ss and 2.5" right?

An entire new exhaust seems pricey for minimal if any gains.

Headers are a good idea.

U typed maf sensor...... Did u mean maf sensor calibrator?

If so, that can be a decent upgrade with tuning.

Best bang for the buck would be the supercharger, but headers, y pipe, intake, and tuning are proven to give gains.

Products Discussed in

To Top