AFE 7 77.78%
URD 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
Best Intake???

Guys, I have a quick question... More seeking people's opinion I guess.. .I have a 2011 DC TRD Sport and I have a K&N FIPK in there currently.. .I ran a K & N on my old Chevy ZR2 and never had any problems with it and it seemed to enhance the power in ZR2 so I stuck with it when I pickedup my tacoma.. Still to date no problems but I'm reading a lot of reviews of peeps that did have problems with them..

I'm wondering people's opinions on intakes... What's a good product, what's workeed for them, what hasn't... Ive been looking at the TRD intake which seems fairly generic/stock... Again any opinions would be great..
Old 02-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Stock is the way to go. Sucks air in front the front right wheel well. Most aftermarkets are boxed off in the engine compartment only protected by plastic and a rubber shroud.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Oggy is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Oggy's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I'm a person who always has to upgrade any vehicle I own and sadly the makers of the Tacoma did a nearly perfect job. Supercharger, aftermarket headers, cat back exhaust system and oil catch can are about all that you can do. I believe there is a chip on the market made by bulldog for the tacoma that claims to add "at least 10 HP" but there is no dyno to prove it, but I have read from very reputable magazines that it's worth it.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
you won't see much of a gain from any of them except URD's with a MAF calibration- it relocates the cone out to where it actually gets some good air

but even then, the gain will be minimal