1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

want to install LT's?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by fyremanpat, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Feb 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM
    fyremanpat

fyremanpat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC LB TRD Sport w/Entune
    OME 886x and 5100's all the way around. Toytec AAL. Phillips x-treme vision headlights. 886 reverse lights. Borla exhaust. 20% tint. Hi 6 mod. 285/65/18 Nitto TG on 18" Moto Metal 955's. Airaid intake. Scanguage2.JBA LT's.GC Grill..more to come.
    Just installed JBA long tubes on my 13....what a pain in the ass! If you're planning on installing them in your truck make sure to set aside PLENTY of time and have a spare vehicle to run to the parts store.

I found it easier when removing the factory manifolds to break the nut free and then completely remove the studs. That way when you are installing the LT's they wont get caught on the studs while trying to push them up through the bottom of the truck. Also know that the factory top studs will not fit the new LT flanges, the bottoms will. Another tip is while installing them dont tighten anything down until you have all the nuts, bolts, and studs in place. The whole process took me about 10-12 hours as I was by myself.

After thats all said and done I do like the sound my truck has now. I still have the factory y-pipe and a Borla weld in muffler. I have little to no rasp. Performance wise I noticed a little difference....less than I expected

Would I do it again?....as of right now hell no! Now Im gonna go enjoy a few adult beverages and super glue all these cuts on my hands closed.

P.s. it was about 26 degrees out when I started....which probably explains why Im grumpy

Products Discussed in

To Top