1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thermostat replacement?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by JoshBovaird, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mar 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    JoshBovaird

JoshBovaird [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sidney NY
    Trd Supercharger, Trd 7th injector, K&N drop in filter.
    Im gonna have my truck torn down to replace the knock sensor harness so I'm gonna do the plugs and was wondering about the thermostat. Im unsure if its been changed, the truck has 140k and has been s/c with 7th inj since day one. Anything else I should do while I have it ripped apart?

2. Mar 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Might as well upgrade to the 170° t-stat from URD. if the harness between the heads is being replaced, then that means the heads have to come off. Being that you're boosted and with that many miles, I recommend head gaskets and head studs.

http://www.dezod.com/cat_engine4_all.cfm

Unless of course the heads don't have to come off.

3. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    JoshBovaird

Member:
    Sidney NY
    Yea on the 04s you don't have to pull the head and i have a 170 in now I'm pretty sure i was just wondering if it should be replaced. They are not cheap thats for sure.

4. Mar 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    My apologies. I thought you had the '05 +.

5. Mar 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    JoshBovaird

Member:
    Sidney NY
    No problem I appreciate the help and love your truck!

Products Discussed in

To Top