Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

4 cylinder exhaust help??

Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Will922 is on a distinguished road
Will922's Tacoma Gallery
4 cylinder exhaust help??

I have a 2007 5 lug 4 cylinder access cab tacoma and was looking into getting the readylift kit and bigger tires. Might as well get a new exhaust along with that. Can I fit any exhaust on it or does it need to be a specific one for these 5 lug access cab tacomas? I'm looking for not a loud one but one that's more of a deep growl. Any recommendations?

Any help? Thanks - Will
Old 03-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
ur gunna spend more money than needed with a full exhaust....

I bet u would be perfectly happy with a new muffler welded onto the stock system... IIRC its all mandrel bent and theres really no need for any larger tubing.

head to local muffler shop.... ask them for what they reccomend based on the sound ur looking for........ ask if they can pic out 3 or so mufflers and just clamp them temp (obviously 1 at a time) to ur truck and let u start it and throw a rev so u get an idea of the sound BEFORE its welded on.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
don't do it unless you want your 4 banger to sound like a pissed off lawnmower. trust me lol I had a muffler on my 2.7
Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
don't do it unless you want your 4 banger to sound like a pissed off lawnmower. trust me lol I had a muffler on my 2.7
Maybe u had the wrong one?

Any engine can sound like poo with the wrong muffler
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
I run an LCE long tube header with a 22 inch MagnaFlow muffler, and it sounds pretty good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvIBURPwtXw

Greg
Old 03-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
GotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
GotExhaust's Tacoma Gallery
A properly sized Magnaflow, whether you just do a muffler or a cat back system should be a safe bet. The design of a Magnaflow universal mufflers is nothing fancy, which is why they've always been consistent and reliable in delivering improved power (we're talking a few HP+ depending on the app) and a smooth, deep tone. I'd definitely avoid Flowmaster or any other chambered muffler along with mufflers with louvered cores. Then you'll find yourself in lawnmower mode for sure.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotExhaust View Post
A properly sized Magnaflow, whether you just do a muffler or a cat back system should be a safe bet. The design of a Magnaflow universal mufflers is nothing fancy, which is why they've always been consistent and reliable in delivering improved power (we're talking a few HP+ depending on the app) and a smooth, deep tone. I'd definitely avoid Flowmaster or any other chambered muffler along with mufflers with louvered cores. Then you'll find yourself in lawnmower mode for sure.

is that like VTEC yo?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #8
GotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotExhaust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
GotExhaust's Tacoma Gallery
Briggs and Stratton