Notices

Grinding/rubbing noise when turning.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #1
andrew7940 is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Andrew
andrew7940's Tacoma Gallery
Grinding/rubbing noise when turning.

Yesterday I was driving home from work and when I pulled into my parking spot I noticed a grinding type sound. So I backed out took it to the other end of my complex and did some tests to see if the tires might be hitting something or something was stuck. The noise stopped for awhile then I went to back into my spot and it did it again. I took it to toyota of Louisville where I had the 120k service done with both front and rear diffs also serviced in preparation for my move cross country. Since it was late the dealer tried to tell me that it wasn't making any noise and I needed to make an appointment. Thankfully a buddy was there who confirmed the noise when we backed it out. Then one of the techs also heard it when he came out. They couldn't figure out what was wrong last night so now I have to go back in today. I'm hoping it's not a wheel bearin or anything expensive since I ordered a lift kit recently that still hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone have an idea what this might be? It's an06 4x4 double cab 117k
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
andrew7940 is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: Andrew
andrew7940's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I took it in yesterday to the dealer and they heard the same sound. It actually started to get worse when I pulled it in. They put the truck on the lift and checked everything but found no issues they said. They changed the differential fluid for front and rear again and that seems to have done the trick. I think that they didn't do it saturday or did something incorrectly. However, the truck hasn't made the same sound since. I'll try and see if it does it later today once I drive back to my place, hopefully this fixed it although I'm still a little nervous about what it could have been.