Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cold air intake suggestions

Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Cody Smith is on a distinguished road
Cody Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Cold air intake suggestions

I've got a 2012 crew cab trd sport 4wd. 4.0, and have been on the market for a cold air intake, also other performance upgrades. What is the best brand/ company to choose? Also would a closed box or open be better. I alsoprefer to be able to hear the sound of the cold air intake. I've never did anything performance wise to any of my second gens so any help or info would be appreciated
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
TacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
TacoRob08's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the stuff on this site.

http://www.urdusa.com/
Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Smith View Post
I've got a 2012 crew cab trd sport 4wd. 4.0, and have been on the market for a cold air intake, also other performance upgrades. What is the best brand/ company to choose? Also would a closed box or open be better. I alsoprefer to be able to hear the sound of the cold air intake. I've never did anything performance wise to any of my second gens so any help or info would be appreciated

Welcome to TW Cody, 2nd gen stock air intake system is a cold air intake, if you want to hear your intake I suggest a closed box type if you go open type you are actually a "hot" air intake.

With that said if you take a peek up on the blue bar there is a search function that may help you find already running threads on this topic that may net your needed info.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRob08 View Post
Check out the stuff on this site.

http://www.urdusa.com/

X2.................. that should be a good start for ya. plenty of goodies.