Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Automatic Shift Stalls in Reverse

Old 03-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
netdawg is on a distinguished road
netdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic Shift Stalls in Reverse

I just bought a new 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 2WD AUTOMATIC.

PROBLEM: Shift from Park to Reverse, truck backs up fine. When shifting from Drive (D), however, the reverse does not always engage - sometimes it is as if in neutral (stop), sometimes very slow (backward jerky motion) and, of course, sometimes works just fine, as expected.

Took it back to the dealer, and they tested the truck, were able to confirm that this is happening on other new (2014) tacoma trucks as well and is therefore "normal"...basically nothing they can do to fix. Also told me something about the truck adapting to me personally!

QUESTION: Is this type stalling an issue with other tacoma forum users? I had exact same model truck year 2011 , which I traded in for this - and it NEVER had this issue all the three years that I owned it. I seriously doubt the dealer's explanation, I am hoping forum members can shed some light on this. Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Have the dealer check the transmission fluid level, a lot of the 13 tacomas were under filled, maybe the '14s are to?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Normal?

I'd speak with the customer relations manager.... And then if they dont take care if it, get corporate involved.

What if u got stuck in a situation that neccesitated u to reverse the truck asap or be seriously injured?

They shouldn't even have let u leave the lot.