1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Automatic Shift Stalls in Reverse

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by netdawg, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mar 12, 2014 at 11:51 PM
    netdawg

netdawg [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 2WD
    I just bought a new 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 2WD AUTOMATIC.

PROBLEM: Shift from Park to Reverse, truck backs up fine. When shifting from Drive (D), however, the reverse does not always engage - sometimes it is as if in neutral (stop), sometimes very slow (backward jerky motion) and, of course, sometimes works just fine, as expected.

Took it back to the dealer, and they tested the truck, were able to confirm that this is happening on other new (2014) tacoma trucks as well and is therefore "normal"...basically nothing they can do to fix. Also told me something about the truck adapting to me personally!

QUESTION: Is this type stalling an issue with other tacoma forum users? I had exact same model truck year 2011 , which I traded in for this - and it NEVER had this issue all the three years that I owned it. I seriously doubt the dealer's explanation, I am hoping forum members can shed some light on this. Any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Mar 12, 2014 at 11:57 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Have the dealer check the transmission fluid level, a lot of the 13 tacomas were under filled, maybe the '14s are to?

3. Mar 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Normal?

I'd speak with the customer relations manager.... And then if they dont take care if it, get corporate involved.

What if u got stuck in a situation that neccesitated u to reverse the truck asap or be seriously injured?

They shouldn't even have let u leave the lot.

Products Discussed in

To Top