1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Borla Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by SDroots27, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Oct 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM
    SDroots27

SDroots27 [OP] Member

Member:
    University City, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2005 Pre-Run SR5 X-Cab
    K&N CAI, BORLA Cat-back
    Hi

I just recently purchased the Borla Exhaust Sys. for my '05 Pre-Runner V6. What I want to ask is if anyone else has purchased this exhaust b/c I was a little disappointed from the looks of it. How polished were your exhaust systems. Any complaints, things you noticed when purchased them? LMK. Just don't want to be getting the short end of the stick (call me a pessimist)? Does autoanything have credibility with anyone?

Thx
    Matt

2. Oct 3, 2007 at 6:10 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Don't know about the Borla Exhaust, but AutoAnything.com has been wonderful to me. I bought some stuff for my wife's RAV4 and a filter for my truck. Their customer service was excellent.

3. Oct 3, 2007 at 6:28 AM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    I have a Borla exhaust, that came on my truck from the factory/dealer. I have never crawled under the truck to look at it but it sounds great. It has the dual tips and they look ok. Autoanything is great. I have ordered several things from them and all were delivered quickly.

4. Oct 3, 2007 at 8:50 AM
    SDroots27

SDroots27 [OP] Member

Member:
    University City, CA
    Vehicle:
    K&N CAI, BORLA Cat-back
    Thanks for the tips. I'm sure this is an ok unit. Just doesn't look like the showroom quality polished items on all the websites out there. The guy at BORLA (b/c I called them) said I wouldn't be getting anything like that. I then asked him, well why do you put that picture next to to "Purchase". I said, "isn't it misleading"? And he said, umm, no, not really. I thought it was a crock, but I'm sure it is still legit and I doubt that they would send me a used muffler.

5. Oct 6, 2007 at 5:57 PM
    Jesse_Craw

Jesse_Craw Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5
    TRD cai
    how does the exhaust sound and perform.....Im thinking of buying one for myself?

6. Oct 6, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    It's hard for me to compare it to anything because it's the only thing I've known since I got the truck. I'm sure there are guys on here that would be much more knowledgeable on that subject than am I. ( did I spell that right? see, I can't even spell)

7. Oct 6, 2007 at 7:06 PM
    SDroots27

SDroots27 [OP] Member

Member:
    University City, CA
    Vehicle:
    K&N CAI, BORLA Cat-back
    So far I am nothing more than pleased. Sound is great, especially when getting on the freeway (trying not to waste gas as the expense of listening to the exhaust :) ) It will be a great add on to accent your TRD CAI, no doubt about that. Hightly Recommended!

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top