Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Questions for TacoChief re headers

Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
thenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud ofthenrie has much to be proud of

thenrie's Tacoma Gallery
Questions for TacoChief re headers

I saw on another thread where you said you work for Toyota and put headers on your Taco. I have a '00 4wd with a 2.7 with two cats (I think that makes it an LEV engine?). The exhaust manifold looks like a shorty header anyway, made of welded tubes rather than cast iron, so I am wondering whether headers on my truck will give me any appreciable performance gains. In an effort to gain a bit of mpg, I have installed an AFE Stage 2 cold air intake and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. I have been thinking about installing Pacesetter headers and high-flow cats. I just need to make sure it will still pass Pennsylvania emmissions inspections. Any thoughts?