Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Gears and Lockers BS Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #141
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
what rpm are you running at 65 mph just wondering?

Mine are 2500 at 65 mph with 4.65 on 315/70/17.
I honestly don't remember. Are you referring to 65 MPH on the factory speedometer, or 65 MPH on the calibrated Ultragauge?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #142
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
still waiting on my gears from the group buy.... arb rear lockers are back ordered. One day I will have some power back
Old 06-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #143
Bayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud ofBayou Sultan has much to be proud of
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
When Eric hooked up the compressor he had to disconect the battery so the gauge has to be re calibrated. When I finaly got to 65mph I noticed it read 2500 and in the LA area going 65 is not a normal speed more like 45-50 I looked at the rpm's a couple of times and when I got to go 65mph it read 2500 / 2600. If you check out GrimmJeeper it will show for a v6 auto trans around 2339rpm @70mph on 34.84" tires now that's not a $300.00 difference but it's the truth.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #144
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
It wasn't a complete third swap either. It was a full install. They did a great job meshing them, but dropped the ball on this. I look over everything on my truck weekly. I know I push it hard so I am always checking on it.

I am familiar with the entire rig and try to have as few people work on my rig as possible. You can be in this hobby and not be familiar with everything.
Ugh installing gears in that clamshell brings the suck. I did my 4.56s myself and there are several special tools required, include a special indicator just to read the backlash. What a PITA.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #145
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well for those that didn't know I had a few issues with the swap. 1st the front diff breather was smashed during shipping. Ecgs sent a new one that same day. Looks like it might be a pain to get the old one out.

Then I didn't realize we had to swap the stub shaft in and that resulted in me not having the front tires functioning in 4wd. I wouldn't have figured it out had one of the guys that work at ecgs didn't browse the forums and happened to see my thread. I got the email a few days back that the part is on its way back to me. Sucks I have to drop the front diff again but I'll be happy to have 4wd again.

ECGS hands down has the best customer service I have dealt with.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #148
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The gear you see in the top center is the stub shaft. Pretty easy to miss if you are not really paying attention like I was.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #151
frycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 11B2V
Name: Zach
frycook's Tacoma Gallery
Does a front locker reduce the turning radius when its not activated?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #153
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
So am I the only SOB that has not got his gears and lockers installed yet? My preferred technician is healing up from a hamstring injury, and with my truck getting a lousy 16.5MPG now, I hate to see what it gets with 4.56 gears..... 33" skinny tires on the truck.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #156
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
36mm
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaters182 View Post
Ok so ive got tie rods off, sway bar off, lower knuckle off, and axle nuts off and my axles will not come out of the spindles. They are both stuck. Ive been beating on them with a dead blow for about 20 min and no budging. Any advice?
I found it easier to disconnect them from the diff first. Then it took a couple whacks with the dead blow.