Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2014 Supercharger Install in Progress!

Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Supercharger Install in Progress!

I just stopped by the dealer and got a few pictures of the process:

The intake runners are dirtier than I would have figured at 9k miles...

I can't wait to have it back. As soon as I get it I am going to go pick up the camper for the weekend!

The tech said it should be done today but would not promise, I don't blame him...
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to hang out with the guy and watch and maybe learn something, but I figured I was pushing my luck as it was...especially if I want it back today!

I'm sure they love customers in the shop...
Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Jefes Taco has a spectacular aura aboutJefes Taco has a spectacular aura about

Jefes Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's going to be a looong day.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefes Taco View Post
It's going to be a looong day.
Very much so!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
They started on it first thing this morning and are still not done yet. So much for 6 - 8 hrs...at least I'm paying a flat rate!

Kind of ruins the weekend of camping though, we'll see.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone and supposedly the "master" tech worked on it for 10 - 11 hours and still needs a few hours tomorrow...

There goes the better part of my weekend.

But, like I told them, I would rather that they take their time and do it right, rather than rushing!
Old 05-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my Supercharged Taco at 10:00!
Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #9
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
How much was it for parts and labor?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I negotiated a flat price of $4600.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad price. I'm thinking of doing this soon. I wonder how experienced my local dealer shops are at installing these.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to install an oil catch can? It's probably a good idea with a supercharger.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruced UP View Post
Not a bad price. I'm thinking of doing this soon. I wonder how experienced my local dealer shops are at installing these.
I doubt you could get it done cheaper using a dealer for purchase and install. Which is a must if you want the full warranty.

That price is outstanding. I paid $1,000 more and many thought that was a good price.

The price of the SC and fit kit went up recently. A lot.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #14
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
Are you going to install an oil catch can? It's probably a good idea with a supercharger.
I am considering it, just have to find the one I want.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #15
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruced UP View Post

I was very happy with the price!
Old 05-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
TRON is on a distinguished road

TRON's Tacoma Gallery
Master toyota mechanic takes 2 days to install a trd blower...
Old 05-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #18
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Post the with install reciept
I can...is my integrity in doubt?
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
I can...is my integrity in doubt?
That is what I first thought. Maybe they want to use it to negotiate a better price?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #20
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRON View Post
Master toyota mechanic takes 2 days to install a trd blower...
This is exactly what I thought! I think I could have done it faster...I really wanted to retain my warranty though. I have a lifetime powertrain warranty, and although I have limited faith that it will be everything I hope, I'm not going to give it away either.

Sorry for my limited responses over the weekend. As soon as I picked up the truck, we headed out for a weekend of camping. The truck pulls my VRV so much easier now and, as I hoped, it holds gears much better!